And NOW, I'm so ready for fall! I love this time of year for many reasons, and here are a few of them:
The Utah State Fair
Hello, pronto pup. Yes please! I get excited for the fair every year, just cuz it's a fun atmosphere and I love walking around (maybe not so much this year, we'll see) and seeing all the crazy stuff. Animal shows, art contests, butter sculpture, cute kiddie stuff, booths, and all the gloriously fried food aromas. The fair is running tomorrow through the 18th, so I'm excited to go in the next week!
Here's our little backyard garden at the moment, complete with tomatoes, green peppers, basil, and zucchini. Although it'd be nice to have real garden boxes, we make do with pots. And that hasn't stopped the tomatoes from goin crazy! Jake's an awesome gardener, so I give him full credit for planting, watering, and keeping our crop alive. It's fun to go out and harvest, though! Yesterday, I decided to use up most of our tomatoes by making homemade spaghetti sauce with fresh basil (to freeze), and garden salsa with some green pepper. They both turned out pretty yummy! For the salsa, I used bits of both recipes from Pioneer Woman and Our Best Bites....it's my first time making it, and I'm glad I can say I have now. Next time, I want to learn how to can it so it'll last longer! Now I've gotta use up some more zucchini, and I'm in the mood for something sweet. Hmmm...pumpkin zucchini bread?
Baby Girl's Arrival!
This is really at the top of my list of what I'm looking forward to most, mark my word. As of today, the countdown is at 27 days left...as in less than 4 weeks! Waaahoo. That's a picture of the car seat that we just ordered for her, and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival in the mail! That'll make it seem more real and help me feel a little more prepared. I'm so looking forward to meeting this little lady...I have a feeling she's going to have a big personality to fit the dramatic pregnancy she's put me through. But I love her so much already, I can't wait to hold her and sniff her little newborn head. :) We can't wait to meet you, little Alexia!
Pumpkin & Apple Treats
Mmmm I just love pumpkin anything. The moiistness and creaminess of pumpkin is so yummy, and it's the epitome of fall. And I love apples in the fall...apple pie, apple crisp, YUM. Here's one of my favorite recipes using pumpkin and apple:
Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
2 1/2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 t. soda
1/2 t. salt
Combine and set aside.
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 c. solid pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 c. oil
Combine wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
Mix in:
2 cups finely chopped apples. Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with streusel:
Streusel topping: In small bowl, combine 2 tbs. flour, 1/4 c. sugar and 1/2 t. cinnamon. Cut in 4 t. butter until mixture is crumbly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min. or till toothpick comes out clean. (I baked for a little over 30 and mine were done). They are so yummy and great for fall!!
Favorite TV Shows
Have you watched this show? I love it! I'm excited for it to start next week, along with Biggest Loser. And I'm also looking forward to Celebrity Apprentice, whenever that's starting up again.
Pumpkin Patches & Halloween
I just love Halloween time. The decorations, fun events, looking for costumes, trick or treating (I know I'm too old to want to go still, but I so wish I could dress up and go door to door and get candy along with the kids. It's so much fun to get home and sort it all out and see all your goods. I'm glad I have Cami to live vicariously through), the smell of pumpkins, everything. Can't wait!
And the list goes on with things like:
General Conference- I might be having a baby during one of the sessions, we'll see! I just love conference weekend, though, it's so wonderful.
Cool crisp air, and leaving the windows open at night
Colorful leaves
College football
Soups & Casseroles- I'm so bad at coming up with summer meals, since I'm not a salad or grilled meat person. But I'm a pro at soups and casseroles, perfect for cool fall and winter weather.
Sweaters, apple cider, and candles.
Aren't you excited for fall?






6 comments:
I love fall too! and all those things you mentioned! Although I'm a bit sad to say goodbye to summer- it seemed to go by too fast this year! but here's to the wonderful things that fall brings!
This is a happy blog post! Good job. Way to break out of the box and do something random. I like it. And how have I never seen your garden before?? Very impressive. You're such a grown-up, and I Love you! I also can't wait to meet the little lady who's made you completely miserable the last few months. She will be amazing!
So fun! I'm looking forward to all of those things as well, especially little Alexia. :) And "Parenthood," of course!
So fun! I love fall too, by far my favorite season, and I can't believe how close you are to being done! You look amazing!
You look great! I am so excited for you to have your little baby! Newborns are the best! Hang in there you are almost done! =)
I'm just now catching up on blogs- a month without internet is crazy! Makes me want to go right down and make muffins- yum!! I love Fall too- and I hope Lexie makes her appearance early in the season! =)
Post a Comment