Yay, I've been home from the hospital for a week and a half and got to spend Christmas at home! Home sweet home. I had fears that something else would happen and that I'd have to go back, but so far so good. Just a quick update- I still have blood clots in my lungs, and my blood level which is supposed to be between 2 and 3 is only a 1.3. So it's been slow going, but I've been getting my blood checked at my doctor's a few times a week and now I'm on the highest dose of Coumadin and still taking Lovanox shots twice a day. I have to inject myself in the abdomen with a syringe, and I must say that I'm proud of myself for being a champ! I still feel like someone's punching me in the lungs, especially in the evening, my hands and feet are still painfully tingly and sensitive (and itchy), and I don't have a lot of energy. The electric carts at the grocery store have become my friends. :)
As for my esophagus, I try eating pretty much everything just to experiment, but a lot still gets stuck. I'm hoping it's just getting caught up on the stent and that things will improve when I get that taken out in a couple months. I try to drink Ensure everyday, but that stuff is becoming so nasty to me! Can't complain too much though...I don't have a feeding tube, I can eat, and I'm home. As of today, my Iritis eye disease is about gone, but my eyes are blurrier than ever. The good news is, he measured my eyes for new glasses prescription that should help a lot. New glasses, please!
I can't say thank you enough to my amazing mom and mother-in-law for taking care of the girls for so long. (And sisters-in-laws and everyone else who helped- I am SO grateful for you). My mom had to go home the day I got out of the hospital, but she'd been here for 3 weeks and totally put her life on hold and risked her job to be here. Love you Mom! Then luckily, my mother-in-law had off school the hole week leading up to Christmas, so she stayed with us and tooke care of me and the girls, and I could NOT have done it without her. I'm just so grateful I had that week to enjoy all the wonderful things leading up to Christmas. Here are some pictures of the festivities we got to enjoy, like Cami making a cute gingerbread house with Grandma Yospe above.
That day we went to RC Willey and got pictures with Santa...
Lexie wasn't a huge fan, but she sure matched well! And Cami is still afraid of Santa and wouldn't sit on his lap. He won some of her affection when he gave her a candy cane...then she was willing to stand by him.
My first Sunday back at church in a little while...before I went into the hospital the 2nd time. I've been rockin the hats and headbands!
Cute little Christmas dress
One of my favorite things we did was go to the Grand America Hotel downtown and see their cute Christmas displays. They have a new toy store with fun things to see.And here's a life sized gingerbread house that made us hungry! Tons of candy, frosting, and a rice crispie treat floor!
I got out of my wheelchair for this picture. :)
Temple Square was beeeautiful, and I'm so glad I got to go.
I love the peaceful spiritual feeling in addition to the beauty of all the lights and displays.So glad Mom was there to enjoy it with us!
Love the Joseph Smith Building, it always looks gorgeous.
Cami loved seeing the temple, and going into the visitors center to see Jesus. As we were walking out towards the gates, we saw Jesus in the big window and Cami exclaimed, I want to go see Jesus! We reminded her that we'd already gone up to visit him, but she kept saying I want to go see him again! It felt mean telling her we had to go...I'm glad she loves Him so much!
Dressing up for church around Christmas time is always fun, especially with babies! Love this sweet little holiday bundle.
She's getting quite the cheeks! So kissable.
This has been my favorite view since I got home from the hospital the first time. It's what I see from the cozy recliner in our living room, where I have spent much of my time while at home. I love being right next to the sparkly Christmas tree, looking at the mantle, and especially having a cozy fire in the fireplace, thanks to my thoughtful father-in-law!
I had fun taking Cami to Gardner Village with Nathan, Allison and baby Katelyn. Nate pushed me in the wheelchair, and we did the Elf Scavenger Hunt and ate at the bakery. Fun and festive!
After my mom made all that fudge and we gave it away to neighbors, I wanted to make one more holiday treat that would be easy for me to eat. My mom's yumy Cream Wafer cookies! She usually makes them every year for Christmas, and I remember helping and frosting all the little cookies with pink and green frosting. The cookies are super buttery and flakey, and sooo tasty!P.S. We were supposed to fly to Pennsylvania on Friday the 23rd to spend Christmas with most of my family, but we decided it would be best to stay home. I just couldn't imagine sitting on a plane for 4 hours, with 2 kids, and worrying about getting my blood checked out there, etc. It was a hard decision, but I'm glad we stayed, despite missing out on Toone family fun. We're going to fly to PA in April instead, when hopefully I'm doing much better!
Anyways, since we stayed, we were able to partake in the Yospe family festivities, which are always fun! The tradition is to eat a Chinese dinner on Christmas Eve, so we went to Joy Luck in Bountiful and had a yummy meal with most of the fam. Oh how I love hot and sour soup and egg rolls!
It was a lovely Christmas Eve, full of assembling toys, filling stockings, setting out milk and cookies and anticipating Cami's face in the morning!



















5 comments:
I am so glad to hear your home and were able to spend time with your family. You look beautiful and thanks for posting and letting us all know how you are doing. Love you friend!
This was a lovely post. We were looking forward to an update since you've been home! I love how Cam was chillin' on your lap when you were in the wheelchair. She was probably keeping you nice and warm! I feel bad I didn't get to swing by and join you in any of your holiday activities, but I'm glad everyone else made the fun happen! It's a blessing that you are HOME and you got to enjoy Christmas out of the hospital. Let's keep it going for New Years... and Valentine's Day... and my Birthday... and... you get the idea! :) Keep being you. Love you.
Yay! I'm so glad nothing else has happened!!! And I'm really glad you didn't go to PA so that you could be safer? here. But I'm sorry things still get stuck :(. Boo :(
You look so great in all the pictures. Hats and headbands are a really good look on you!
Still praying for you :)
And Merry Christmas!!
I was so excited to see you'd posted something new! I love all the pictures. You look so cute in all the hats and headbands! And the Temple Square pics are gorgeous! I hope you've had a fun New Year weekend, as well. Hopefully we'll get to see you again soon! Love you!
Your sweetness and goodness and positive/grateful outlook on your life brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. You are such an inspiration to me and I feel honored to have you as my friend. I love you Heather!
Post a Comment