Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Our Trip to PA! The Beginning

Yay for vacations! On April 5th, we set off on a glorious 11 day adventure to York, PA to visit my parents. We were supposed to go for Christmas, but that was right when I got sick and couldn't make the trip. Luckily, we'd gotten traveler's insurance and were able to change the date of our trip to April, to be there for Easter. Cami had been waiting for this trip for so long- we kept talking about Pennsylvania and riding on the plane and what she'd do at Grandma and Grandpa Toone's house. So when the time came, she was excited! She took her new princess "pack pack" as a carry on for the plane, full of coloring books, crayons, toys and treats. We had so much luggage, that we had her drag along that black suitcase too, and she was a champ.

We had plenty of time in the airport before our plane departed. Luckily, it was a nonstop flight straight to Baltimore, which is about a 3 and a half hour trip.
The flight was not completely full...meaning there were like 2 open seats, and luckily we snagged one of them to put Lexi's carseat in! It's always a gamble having a lap child....you have to plan on having them on your lap, but at the gate if you can get their car seat on the plane and into the seat next to you, SCORE! I sat with Lexi in one row, and Jake sat next to Cami in front of us. Lexi was a dream- just ate and slept and looked around and smiled!
Bless Jake. :) Cami needed lots of entertainment, coloring, reading, treats, and a few bathroom breaks, but she did well too. She loves flying! And luckily neither of the girls have ear problems or anything (so far). Look at little Miss Goofball.
I just love how cute she looks wearing her backpack and feeling like such a little school girl traveler.
Grandma Toone met us at the airport and was there waiting for us by baggage claim with her bright smiling face- it's always such a warm welcome home.
Ahhh the Toone home. I love this place. Every time I go back, it just looks and feels more beautiful and welcoming. We actually got home that night after the hour and a half drive and a stop at Weggeman's for groceries and yummy Chinese dinner. But this is the house in the daytime. :)
 I love walking into the kitchen when I first go home, looking around at everything in the house, searching the pantry for the yummy snacks Mom keeps on hand, and then falling onto the comfy green couch and relaxing in the living room. Cami loved finding all the toys and books to keep her entertained!
Our first day was just nice and chill. Mom and Dad both had off work, so we were able to just take it easy and visit. Lexi Lou enjoyed her first sit in a booster seat.
 But never ever again will she be sitting in a booster seat on the counter. About a week into our visit, I strapped her in to feed her some rice cereal in the morning, and while I was getting it ready, she leaned forward and the chair went right off the counter headfirst onto the floor. It was the scariest thing. I yelled for Jake, ran and got my parents, Lexi was crying but acting kind of drowsy, and I was afraid it was going to be like when Cami fell as a baby and lost consciousness. Luckily, Lexi drank a bottle and was fine, but did get a big ol goose egg on one side of her forehead like 3 days later. I feel like quite the winner mom, let me tell ya! I'm just so grateful she is ok. But darn that little booster seat.

Anyways, back to happy things! I love this morning face of Cam's, with Grandma before breakfast.
 One of my best friends growing up, Jolene, came over that day with her sweet baby Elaina and her mom. I sure do love those girls.
Jake and I hanging out on the couch.
Lexi loved having a little friend there...she hasn't interacted with too many other babies, so this was new to her!
Later, we took Cami to a place called Tumbletown in the mall so she could run around and play. They had this fun little car that coasted down the track...
 Balls galore!
 And a trampoline, tumbling mats, and a little high bar to swing from. She enjoyed herself!
Jake and my dad took off on my dad's harley and cruised around for awhile after that. I still can't believe my dad has a harley. Go Dad. Care to see him in his dew rag?
There ya go! I'll be posting the rest of our trip in chunks...starting next with our trip to D.C.!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dad has a dew rag. Bahahahahha. :) Also, I love your play-by-play description of coming home, walking into the kitchen, pantry, living room, etc. That is the life!

Linda said...

Bree- you ought to try that "coming home" thing more often too! I thought I'd commented on this post, but I guess not. Unless I failed on the words and they thought I was indeed a robot! =) Anyway, love to relive all these fun times- sure loved having you home and being able to see those little smiley girls every day!