Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ho Ho Ho Merrrry Christmas!

 Christmas morning was magical, as always. We went in and got Cami, and let her go down to the basement to wake up Grandma and Grandpa Toone. Then we waited as long as we could for Bree to drive from Orem in the snow, and THEN we released the girls into the living room to see what Santa brought and look at our stockings.Santa brought a new easel with a chalkboard and magnetic white board! Perfect for our little "Mom school" at home.

I love stockings....they're always full of fun stuff! I had fun stuffing everyone's stockings full of goodies. And then we all got to read the nice notes we had written to each other throughout the month.
 Goofy glasses and clown nose from Cami's stocking.
 Cute Mom in her festive jammies.
 Lookin gooood, Miss Bree!
 As we started opening presents, Dad used Lexi as a paper compacter. She did a great job.
 Cami was excited about her new digital camera! It's big and bulky and colorful, but it takes pictures that can be uploaded to the computer. Right now it's full of pictures that we haven't uploaded yet and it's out of batteries! I think Lexi got a hold of it too many times. So we'll have to fix that so she can enjoy it again. :)
 Jake got Dad a top quality BYU shirt, which meant a lot since Jake bleeds only red for the U!
 Lexi loved her new baby Cinderella princess.
 I got Jake a new watch, lots of shirts/pants, a mattress pad and new pillows. :) And he got me all kinds of goodies! A new KitchenAid mixer in pistachio color (love), a Cuisinart food processer, a gluten free designated waffle maker and toaster, and I'd gotten a Blendtec blender for my birthday. So I am SET in the kitchen. Especially for my crazy diet I'm on now. And Nathan did something awesome for me....he created his own video version of "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On" with his own shell character, Schmeldon. It is an awesome 20 minute video full of inside family jokes, and brought some great laughs. He also sent me Schmeldon himself- a twirly shell with googly eyes on a stick. I felt honored to have him.

We enjoyed a breakfast of gluten free cinnamon roll cake (it turned out ok, not how I was expecting but Mom said she really liked it), and sausage links and orange juice. I Sooooo miss my breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls, but you do what you gotta do. Poor Bree was sick all day, so she didn't get to enjoy much of the Christmas festivities. But we took most of the day opening presents, and then Jake and the girls and I headed for his parent's house while my parents visited Brittney's family. The Yospe's had a lovely dinner, gift exchange, and the annual nativity play. Cami was Mary this time, and looked dazzling in her shimmery blue dress. Little newborn Monson was baby Jesus.
It was a lovely Christmas. I miss listening to Christmas music.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet little baby Jesus!!! Fresh from heaven, by the looks of his umbilical cord stub! Precious :) We missed you guys! I love Cami and Lexi's matching pajamas!