Saturday, February 16, 2013

S is for Santa & Snow- Crafts and Cute Girls

 I have a plethora of pictures that I've taken over the past couple months that I wanted to share. They're just too cute not to! Cami's hair is getting sooo long! I love that I can just brush it when she gets out of the bath, or I wet it with a spray bottle, and it curls up perfectly. Dream hair!

We've tried to fill our winter months with fun activities, although I have kind of slacked a little on the Mom School front since Christmas. However, Grandma Toone gave Cami a couple big workbooks for Christmas, that help her learn to write her letters, learn about colors, numbers, and reading words. It's been fun to watch her learn! We go down to our "classroom" in the basement, work on a couple pages of her workbook, and she's learned to write pretty much all the letters of the alphabet on her own now. Uppercase and lowercase! It'll be fun to watch her continue to learn and grow as she starts preschool at the local highschool later this year. She can't wait!

We made snowflakes one day, and decorated our windows with them.
 A little shopping mall break one day....had to try on the fun glasses!
 One week before Christmas we learned about the letter S for Santa. This was a cute paper plate cotton ball Santa we made.
 S is also for shapes. I found this idea on pinterest and knew Cami would have fun with it. I made a sign for each shape, with a picture of a Square, Circle, Triangle and Rectangle, and placed them on a graph made of masking tape. Then while she was napping, I found objects around the house that were those different shapes, and put them all in a basket. When she woke up, I told her she got to sort out the objects into the appropriate shape column. It was quick and simple for her, but a good activity to recognize shapes.
 We covered this S is for Santa printable with candy on the dots. Cami loves anything involving candy, of course. (What kid doesn't).
 And now some random pictures. Love these goofy girls. Cami thought she was so funny to pull her jammie pants up to her chest like a nerd.
 This is one of the few times Lexi has allowed me to put a barette in her hair. It's growing at a snails pace, and that's pretty much all I can do, but as soon as she feels me put something in there, she reaches up and yanks it out.
 Love.
S is for snow! We (I) didn't want to go outside in the freezing cold to play in the snow, so we brought some snow inside! I know I could be a lot more creative, like putting it in a big tub with tons of toys and tools, but this was our first time. I did give her some toys to play with, and she had fun for awhile. But she did get frustrated when the snow wouldn't pack and do what she wanted it to do.
 Lexi, on the other hand, just wanted to eat it. Probably because it was presented like ice cream with a bowl and a spoon. Oops. :)
Cutie pie!
 This was Cam when we picked up Grandma and Grandpa Toone from the airport before Christmas. I always love these reunions!
 Grandma time
Here's our back door full of Christmas crafts.
 And a bonus pic of the baby in front of the door.
 I found this idea online. A footprint/handprint reindeer...who would've thought?
 A tear art Christmas tree. I love crafts like this, that involve ripping pictures out of magazines. We looked for anything green and yellow, Cami ripped them out, then we arranged them on a cardboard tree I cut out. I like it!
 This was a playgroup craft....with glue and shaving cream, sponge brushes and lots of pompoms and sequins! The kids loved it.
 And just a few more pics of what we've been up to....lots of trips to the library!

 Coloring
 Storytime at the library. This is our new favorite one....it's called A to Z Storytime at South Jordan Library, and it's geared towards preschoolers and learning letters. There's stories, a puppet, fingerplays, songs, and take home crafts. Lexi likes wandering around and stealing the stuffed animal rat from the library information desk. They said they might just let her adopt it since she loves it so much!
 Cami and Ari playing dollhouse in princess dresses. So cute and girly!
And Cami and Lexi reading books before church. Usually it's Cami reading, and Lexi scattering or tearing the books, but this was a nice kodak moment.
So while we've found things to keep us busy during winter, we're ready and excited for spring to come!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sure do love those little girls! That last reading picture is precious in matching clothes- you should frame that for your school room. =) I love all the fun things you did with Cami and the stuffed rat picture made me laugh out loud. Who woulda thought?? Keep having fun with them!

Brittney said...

Fun, fun pictures! I'm envious of all the crafts you do with Cam. I need to be better at doing things! I see so many cute ideas but never implement anything. Way to go for following through and doing so much!