Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Yospe Cabin Vacation- Island Park and Yellowstone

 Road trip!!! Yay, the first vacation of the summer is ALways exciting. At the end of June, we embarked on an adventure to Island Park, Idaho, to stay at the beloved Yospe cabin. I love staying there- it's so charming, homey, tucked into the woods, and full of Grandma and Grandpa Yospe character. This year, we invited our friends, the Frette's, to go with us! My friend Carrianne and her husband Patrick, and their two kiddos Bella and Harrison kept us good company.

When we got there at 2 in the morning, it was below freezing outside, and sooo cold in the cabin! We had to wear coats in the morning to keep warm.
 Luckily, it warmed up and we were able to enjoy the beautiful outdoors! Here's Cami and Lex with Bella, who's just 2 months younger than Cam and a good little friend to her.
 4 wheeling time! Patrick pulled Jake's dad's 4-wheelers up with their Land Rover on the trailer. Glad we had them- they always add to the fun! Cami kept calling them trailers.
 I wanna ride on the trailer, dad!
 Bella and her daddy, ready for a ride.
 I love Carrianne's face in this pic. We are two bad chicks, ready to rock the 4 wheelers!
Lexi looked so cute, peering out the picture window in the living room.

 Daddy reading to the girls
 Lexi admiring Harrison. She loves babies, and would just sit and watch him and smile. :)
 Baha....silly Lex.

 Yummy picnic dinner! Carrianne cooked honey mustard salmon on cedar planks on the grill. It was deeeelicious!
  


 Post bath baby! Love it!
 Cami and Bella brushing their teeth and looking like twins.
We spent a day in Yellowstone, stopping first at Firehole Falls. Love these cute girls.
 Family shot!
 We borrowed a hiking backpack from some friends, and Lexi loved it! She felt so cool up there.
 I like the steaminess of this pic at the hot pots. Those legs kinda look like they belong to Lexi, haha.
 Bella and her daddy matched the orange bacteria mat.


 Old Faithful time! They enjoyed yummy ice cream inside the hotel.
I stole this picture from Carrianne, but it's just too funny. I was holding Harrison, and he conveniently tucked his hand into my coat without me noticing. It looks like he was caught red handed in this picture! Adorable.

 Waiting for Old Faithful...
 Bison! I love when they're right along the road.
 That evening, as we were relaxing in the cabin, little Lexi Lou got a hold of a tube of Desitin diaper creme. Mmmmm hmmmm. She smeared it ALL over herself, and other things. Little stinker. She looked like Santa Claus.
It's not a vacation to the cabin without attending church at the Island Park chapel! Here are the girls, all ready for church.
 Hahaha ohhh Lex. Cute little girl.
 Big Springs! One of my favorite places of all time. So gorgeous.

 Lex and I took a walk down the road, and I loved watching her pick dandelions and then run to catch up.
 Ready for a hike to Mesa Falls!
 Caterpillar fascination.
 Mesa Falls
 Holla! Love this girl.
 Ohhh just playin with some bear fur.
 My little 4 wheeling beauty queen! I love this picture.

 The girls all doted on baby Harrison- what a good sport he was!
 On the way to West Yellowstone, we stopped to get some crystal clear cold spring water. Cami's rockin the zebra print and looking like a cute girl out of the 80's. :)
 She was ecstatic to find a long, nasty, rainbow gummy snake at the candy shop.


 On our last night at the cabin, we built a campfire in the firepit, and enjoyed the benches that my dad built a few years ago!

 Love his beanie.
 We roasted hot dogs for dinner, and then followed up with smores, of course.

 Haha I love this picture of Bella, taking a deeeep breath to blow out that dandelion.
 Smores bliss!

 Enjoying our last morning at the cabin, and trying to keep the kids entertained while we packed and cleaned!
 This is a panoramic view of the front of the cabin- I love it! We had such a fun, relaxing week with friends, and enjoyed our time at the beloved Yospe cabin.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute! It looks like it was a fun week! :)

Linda said...

Yay for Island Park! So fun for your kiddos to grow up with fun Yospe cabin memories just like Jake did! Looks like you had a great time....and when you see Carrianne, thank her again for her visit and goodies at Stonehenge!