The girls love going to his house to see that animals that he's collected from hunting adventures. Lions, alligators, elephant feet, zebra skin. Cami even drew a picture of it before we went. That's President in the purple, with all his animals.
And Cami pointing to the lion. (I couldn't get the picture to turn)
Then General Conference came along, a week after I sang in the Women's Choir. It was a lovely weekend, and I tried to make sure the girls had plenty of activities and things to keep them busy so that Jake and I would be able to pay attention to conference.
However, they get bored with one thing after about 30 seconds, which leaves the living room a disaster and creates more chaos. Hmmm I'll have to re-think how to do it.We got to visit cousin Claire and Matthew's new baby that night.
She's adorable! Little Christine. We also had Matthew do our taxes this year, since he's an excellent accountant.
French braiding and nail painting is always a favorite during Conference.
And on Sunday morning, I tried out a new recipe from www.paleomg.com for pumpkin waffles with sauteed apples. It was deeelicious!
My kinda breakfast.
Oh and Cami is a bacon fiend. She would eat it for every meal if she could. :)
For the Sunday sessions, we decided to set up a tent with the door facing the prophet, just like they did in the Book of Mormon! The girls stayed in there for about ohhhh 10 minutes. Oh well, it was a good idea.
I hope my girls know how lucky we are to hear the words of a true living prophet and his apostles in these latter days.
I loved all the talks and counsel, and have been working on reading them in the Ensign. I love the feeling of rejuvenation that I get each time I listen and take notes and enjoy conference!



No comments:
Post a Comment