Next came building and construction vehicles. I took Lex to the Discovery Gateway children's museum in Salt Lake, and she loved this construction zone!
For the lesson, we used this claw as a crane to pick things up.
And built structures with toothpicks and marshmallows. Let's be honest....I built it. She just wanted to eat it.We also went to the Dino Museum because who doesn't love a good jaunt through that place, and playing in the sand to look for fossils?
Love!
For one lesson, the kiddos learned about being good helpers and being "super heroes" around the house. Lexi made this adorable super cape. When we got home, she put it on and said "Mom, I'm wearing my cape! What can I do to help?"
Baha I love Jackson's face in this one. We learned about commnity helpers and occupations.
Matching the objects with the different toilet paper roll career people.
Making a fire truck
Cute!
And we floated some boats in the sink
And made trains out of produce boxes. All aboard the veggie train!
Then we got to RIDE a train downtown! (Trax train) We went to the Salt Lake City Library, and the kids had a blast.
Another week, we had a picnic outside in Alli's backyard, and Lexi just happened to match her fruit pouch.
Solar system time! I'm so glad I didn't have this lesson, haha! Tenille baked sugar cookies in the sizes of each planet, and made royal frosting for the kids to decorate the cookies with. Huge sugary completely fun mess.
Whoa.
As for the outing, we went downtown to the Clark Planetarium for all the fun free outer space exhibits!
Just walkin' on the moon...
The week I taught about plants growing, we took a trip to a nearby nursery/greenhouse. That was probably one of my least favorite outings. Kinda boring. :)
But the kids had fun planting their own seeds and watching them sprout over the next weeks!Learning about leaves, we took a walk along the Jordan River trail and collected leaves, then did imprinting with crayons at the park.
This was at Tenille's house. I think it was a jungle? Either way, totally fun and cool fort.
What more could a kid want than forts and balloons??
To learn about gardens and plants, we visited the Water Conservation Garden Park by our house. The kids got to rake the compost pile.
Cutest little ladybugs!
Learning about TREES!
My last lesson that I taught at our house was on flowers. Cami didn't have school, so she got to be my special teacher's assistant, and read the book about flowers to us.
We used my droopy roses for our craft, in which we got to take apart the flowers!Separating petals, leaves, stems, and gluing them on paper proved to be very entertaining!
Then we went outside with straws, and pretended to be bumblebees around the yard, running to each fresh flower and "sucking" and passing the pollen to other flowers.
And to combine our tree and flower outings, we took a trip to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens! Cami joined us after school. Awww I'm going to miss having my sweet little kindergartener with only a half day of school! Now she'll be gone all day long. :(
The day was gray and threatened of rain, but the kids loved carrying their umbrellas and running all over the place!
Do you not LOVE this picture?Koi.
Feeding frenzy.
The preschoolers, growing up so fast right before our very eyes this last year!
The last lesson at Sara's was all about food, and the kids got to go on a hunt for food outside.
They found the prize: fresh raspberries! Lexi is a huuuge lover of berries.
Cute kiddos!
Our very last lesson was at our house, since I was down with a broken leg. We measured the kids again like at the very first lesson and saw how they'd each grown a couple inches! We had a picnic lunch, sang our songs one last time, kept the mats as a momento, and said goodbye! I'm going to miss this cute little preschool group! What an awesome opportunity it was for me and Lexi. We learned a lot and had a blast, getting to do things we wouldn't have done. Now on to figuring out what to do with her for Preschool this year! :)














No comments:
Post a Comment