Saturday, April 13, 2019

Pregnancy Notes and Changes Before Baby Comes

I took these notes on my phone throughout my pregnancy with Faith. I thought I would document them in the blog, since it's so hard to remember how I was really feeling at the time. Pregnancy amnesia is real!

......I'm currently about 15 weeks (in 2 days) 
I'm feeling pretty darn good! Not fatigued as much, don't feel nauseous. The weird thing is, I only felt nauseous a couple of times in the first trimester. And never threw up or anything, just like with my girls. But I felt better than I did with Cami and Lexi's pregnancies.
Prediction: BOY
Heart rate was 173 bpm at my 12 week appt. 
My belly looks more bloated than normal, so it's getting harder to hide it. I've told our parents and siblings (except Nate and Ally- telling them this Saturday at the cabin!)

......Questions for 21 week appt:
Why do I feel burning discomfort under my rib cage? Bloating episodes- heartburn, nausea 
Cyst on brain- recheck
Thin Hair? Biotin? Yes Malabsorption?
Cramps, Liver hooks on rib cage

.......Dr Draper (high risk doc): Risk of aspiration- eat slowly. Flutter device. Be careful of pneumonia 
PE risk...maybe take lovenox/coumadin 
If white cell count got really low, would Stephens want to do something during pregnancy or at hospital during delivery. 
28.8 hematocrite level 
See in about 6-7 weeks after infusion  (I did have to get 2 rounds of iron infusions. 4 infusions each round, 3 hours each time.

.......Pain in ribs started on Tuesday, October 10 at 28 weeks. Doc said I could use Lidocaine, Tylenol. Ice it, Tens unit 

Now here's me writing about the rest. I got a cold at the end of October, because I remember I was feeling too under the weather to take the girls out Trick or Treating, so I stayed home and passed out candy and let Jake take them. Then I got over that cold, but Jake gave me his cold so I got sick AGAIN a few days later, and it was super bad this time. I was sick for like the whole month of November it seems like. I finally got antibiotics for a sinus infection a couple weeks later, and it finally subsided. Colds while pregnant are the worst! 
                             

December passed comfortably, and I was feeling great as Christmas approached. My body was doing awesome, aside from just being big and swollen. I got up to about 183 lbs at my doc appts, which is the most I've ever weighed! But worth it for this little babe! I was also stressed in December because with Christmas approaching as well as not knowing when she would come, we were trying to get everything done and enjoy the holiday season. Jake had the idea to move Cami and Lexi's room down to the basement bedroom and use the bedroom on the main floor for the nursery again. (Like it had been for first Cami, then Lexi while she and Cami shared a room). Both girls had slept in a bassinet up in our room on the 2nd floor for the first good 6 months of their lives, so I figured this baby girl would do the same. I thought she could just live up there with us and didn't need a room. I COMPLETELY forgot what it takes to have a baby. I was only thinking of sleeping arrangements! What was I thinking?! 

I honestly was so concerned about making it through the pregnancy and delivery, that I gave little thought to actually having a baby after all of it. I didn't give hardly any thought towards breastfeeding, which I really regret. (More on that later) And I just didn't remember what it's like to have a baby! I had gotten rid of pretty much all of my baby clothes about 2 years ago when my mom suggested it was time. If I did end up having another, I could always get more. Which is what happened, but some of those cute things I would've loved to still have! Luckily, we held on to our crib, changing table, pink bouncer seat, white lambie rocking swing, booster seat, toys, Boppie pillow, car seat, etc. CLEARLY I knew I wasn't supposed to be done! Haha!

SO Jake finally talked me into letting the girls move their room down to the basement in December, with only a couple of weeks before baby's due date. With their old room open, we decided to hurry and turn it into a decent nursery again! First step- empty it all out. Then re-paint a nice white, which Jake so graciously did. Next- find a nice plush carpet and re-carpet (since the old stuff was nasty and old). Check! Then we finally found some nice white crib and changing table through Facebook Marketplace (where people sell stuff), and bought a new white dresser and bookcase at Ikea, and the room started coming together by the end of December! Ummm yeah babies need a lot of stuff, after all. Not just a bassinet to sleep in. :) Mom and Dad bought us a nice bassinet/pack n play/changer combo for her to sleep in in our room, so we had that all ready. 





The girls were all settled into their room down in the basement, which isn't their favorite place to be...they'd rather be closer to us. Oh well, we do what we gotta do! Thanksgiving was lovely, and a week later was my birthday. Funnily enough, I turned 35 on the day I was 35 weeks pregnant! I thought that was pretty cool. P.S. I can't believe I'm 35. 


For the past two years, by the way, I served as 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. In December, Bishop our family into his office. He released me from my calling, and said that I'd get a break now and take some time for baby. I was sad but knew it was coming sometime, so I was ok. Jake, on the other hand, got a new calling. 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric! THAT, we were not expecting. Bishop said he knew we had a newborn coming, and he was sorry that it would be difficult with this calling, but it was meant to be. So now Jake is in the Bishopric, and it's been a good blessing for our family. I got to see him conduct before I would miss a couple months of church, and he does a great job.

So back to baby...I really thought she could come any day in December and I'd be ok with it. In my mind, the sooner the better! I was scheduled to be induced on December 28th. Since her due date was January 2, my doctor asked if I'd like to be induced and if so when. It couldn't be more than a week before my due date. So I knew I didn't want to have my baby on or around Christmas, for her sake. (You know, it'd be hard to have a birthday then each year) So I chose in between Christmas and New Years. Really, I wanted to have her on December 10th, but that wasn't an option. :) Unless she came on her own. She didn't! She was cozy and doing well, except for the fact that we found out she was BREECH! I think we found out at the beginning of December, so my doctor scheduled me to go into the hospital for an aversion. (after I had tried a few tricks to try to get her to flip on her own. She didn't) To be continued....

No comments: