Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Love Palm Trees!!

This past weekend, we enjoyed a fabulous time in beautiful St. George, UT! Last year on the fun bus to Wendover for a KJZZ work party, Jake won a 2 night stay at a timeshare condo (at the Worldmark by Wyndham). We decided to finally use it before it expired, so we chose somewhere not too far away but far enough to feel like a getaway. Cuz those are always nice! Since we didn't want to be selfish and have a luxury 2 bedroom condo to ourselves, we invited my sister Britt and her little family. It was great, they drove their mini van and Jake and I bonded with Matty and Bryan in the back, and when we got there we stopped at In and Out Burger to eat. Mmmm it was good! And it's quite nice to only have 3 menu items to choose from-much less stressful!
Before that though, we stopped at a random gas station and captured some Kodak moments.
The next day, we tried to beat the 100 degree weather and took a hike in Snow Canyon State Park. We picked an "easy" trail that was stroller accessible, so it was more like a stroll through the desert. We wanted to see a snake or lizard, but only ever saw some sort of chipmunk or rat.2 can sport the shoulder pose. :)

I was also feeling extra adventurous on our stroll! The sandstone cliffs beckoned me, so I eagerly RAN up the mountain to get a cool picture at the top. Yup, that little speck at the top middle is me! It felt great to be on top....although then my lungs burned and my thighs were super sore for a couple days after. :) Not used to that much action I guess.

After a nice little picnic, we ventured over to the temple and graced them with our grubbiness. We then went back to the condo and had a nice long swim in the pool. It had a little waterfall to spice things up a bit, but I really think they should have a diving board or slide or something.
That night, Jake and I went out to dinner at the Olive Garden, which was deeelicious, and then the next day we went to sacrament at a local ward, visited the Brigham Young winter home, and then headed home. It was a fun little trip and now we're back and ready to move into our house this weekend! HAPPY 4th of JULY!!

4 comments:

Sommer said...

sounds like so much fun. Good luck with the moving!

Cheeseboy said...

I am glad you found the place that is "kinda like In and Out Burger".

Heather and Jake said...

No, we found the actual "In and Out Burger".

Jacob

Brittney said...

Yay! I love the speck-on-the-mountain pic. =)