Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Enjoyin a Little Athletics

I myself am not the most athletic lass, but I enjoy participating in some sports and being a spectator of others. Jake and I have had fun doin various things lately, like attending the Bee's baseball game for the KJZZ work party. I think it was Cam's 2nd...she enjoys a good game every now and then. I'm always afraid a fly ball is gonna smack me or a loved one on the head, but luckily that has not happened.
Cambria wanted to display her ticket while watchin the game with Daddy. Actually, I wanted her to. She just wanted to eat it. (I've learned my lesson with giving her paper to hold or play with...at Walmart the other week, she grabbed my grocery list and I complied to keep her happy. Next thing I knew, she sounded like a cat hacking up a hair ball. A corner was missing from the list, and she had apparently digested it. Or maybe it's still stuck in her throat, I'm not sure. But it has begun...Cambria's little stomach has been tainted with paper and who knows what else there will be.)
Anyways, we also took a Saturday afternoon to go bowling. It was only mine and Jake's 2nd tmie bowling together...the first being in my singles branch's FHE. I'll just say, maybe we should go more often because we both pretty much suck. I bowled an 84! Shameful.


Jake's dad has season tickets to the U of U football games, and we got to go to the first game with him and my mother-in-law. Now, I'm still a BYU fan. Don't get me wrong. But I also cheer for the U when I go to their games, and I have a good time. Sorry Mom and Dad, faithful BYU Alumni. Football season is exciting, and Jake has been looking forward to it eagerly! The game was great, they played Utah State and won of course, and Cambria luckily did a good job in the stands.

She even fell asleep amidst all the cheering.
And on Labor Day, we took the chance to go down to Provo and met up with my sister Bree. We walked to Bridal Veil Falls, and then did something I hadn't done in awhile...
We went rollerblading! :) Looks totally dorky, I know. But Bree and I bought rollerblades together like 7 years ago and used to go on the Provo Canyon River Trail all the time. So fun! Jake and I went rollerblading in Bountiful once when we were dating...he got his from D.I. but they still work splendidly. So we strapped em on again and Jake pushed Cambria in her stroller (what a trooper) and we got a good workout and had a fun time.

Not pictured: We also participated in a stake fun run 5K the other week. I was totally all for it, since I've been known to run a 5K or 2 in my day. But I haven't run for like a year, what with the pregnancy and baby-having being my excuse. Needless to say, after like 3 minutes I was winded and my lungs were burning, so Jake graciously walked the rest of the 5K with me. Haha...what a wuss I am. We did go out with a bang, though, and ran the last stretch to the finish line, pushing the stroller. I felt good, but really should work on gettin into shape! Maybe I'll invest in a jogging stroller for next summer's athletic endeavors!

2 comments:

Linda said...

You are an active little family- good for you!! Keep up the healthy activity!

Sommer said...

You are so active and so involved with things all the time. What a fun life you have!