Monday, November 2, 2009

Ladybugs and Dinosaurs

By the way...Happy Halloween!! Hope everyone had a splendid Halloween and scored some yummy candy and noticed the full moon Saturday night. I sure did! On Friday, the festivities kicked off at my little job with the old folks...we had a Halloween Party that was planned by someone else so all I had to do was enjoy it! There were games, prizes, decor, doughnut eating, cookie decorating, ghost sucker making and candy galore. I dressed Cambria up in Costume #1: The Ladybug!

My mom got both these cute costumes on sale somewhere...I think maybe a garage sale in PA. So I had to put both to good use. We went and visited Aunt Bree at work after the party, and then I took Cam to my old assisted living center that afternoon, too, so that everyone could see her and so that I could see my favorite old grandma's and grandpa's. Everyone loved her as a little bug. Check out the adorable wings!

Just hangin out with her favorite bug friends, And Aunt Bree. :)
On Halloween day, I got up and went to a baptism for two girls in our ward, and then Jake's parents took us out for lunch after he helped move stuff all morning, and then we went to our ward Halloween party. Jake dressed up as Barney.

Now, I probably should explain at this point. Jake's brother, Abe, has this old Barney costume that he keeps for occasions like these. Jake wore it to his work party and the ward party AND trick or treating that night. He's got guts. I tell ya, it doesn't matter if he's an easter bunny, Barney, or a pickle....NO shame. :) And I love him for it. Kids were either afraid of him, or they ran up and hugged him. I personally think the costume's creepy, but that's just me. You'll see for yourself in a second. Cambria was a ladybug again at the ward party, and we played some games and won a 2 liter Lemonade at the soda walk, and got some candy by taking Cambria around to the trick or treat doors clenching a bag handle in her little fist. Is that bad? Should I be ashamed? Too bad, because we did it again that night too. Hey, it's the kid's first Halloween- she's got to have the full experience, even if she can't enjoy the fruits of her labors! :)

I had the brilliant idea to dress her as a dinosaur that night and have Daddy be a matching dinosaur to take her trick or treating! Barney and Baby Bop, reunited!

Who would say no to this little Dino!

And here he is...the Barney with the missing tooth. Cambria didn't seem phased by the fact that a giant purple creature had her in his grasp. Good. (He had that head sitting on the living room floor that night, and I had to move it to where I couldn't see it because it was givin me the willies).

I asked a neighbor to take our picture. Yay for family trick or treating, the first of many years to come!
And after about 5 houses, Cambria had had enough. So here we are on our way back home.

I think this had something to do with it....she kept being blinded by her costume head, and Daddy couldn't very well see out of his head either, so I had to guide him along, but it gave me a good chuckle. And if you're wondering...no, I did not really dress up this year. I threw on a cowboy hat on Friday and called it good. But I can't wait for next year so we can plan a family costume theme...it'll be good, just wait and see!

5 comments:

Sommer said...

Seriously could she be any cuter! Geeze. That is pretty endearing how Jake has no shame when it comes to dressing up, I wish Ben was that way, he rufuses to dress up so we could never do the cute little halloween family theme dressing up. I can't wait to see what you all come up with next year. I love ya Heather!

Ashley said...

That is the cutest little ladybug I have ever seen!

Linda said...

Too cute!!! Wish so much I could've been there. I love the Daddy and baby dinosaur- just precious! And no, those weren't garage sale finds....but great sales at Kohl's after Halloween a couple of years ago! Glad you were able to use them both, since Britt wanted to do her own thing. =) I just love all the cute pictures, and your fun writing!

Brittney said...

That is hilarious! Way to go, Jake. And is there anything wrong with me wanting to do my own thing, Mother??

Adam and Laurin said...

She is so cute! What a fun halloween.