Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our little Punkin's Punkins

We went to the local pumpkin patch last week to get some punpkins to carve...it's just part of the fall/Halloween experience! And it was even more fun this year to have little Cam Cam with us to take fun pictures with. Here she is gettin down on the farm. Chewin on the straw and all.
Posing with Mommy in front of the tractor. There were lots of people here last Saturday...everyone gettin wheelbarrows full of pumpkins for Halloween. I picked a big fat one, and Jake picked a tall skinny one. And we bought Cam a little mini one of course.
Family fall pic!
She stood pretty well against that straw bale! And continued to chew on more straw. Yucky. She must take after Grandpa Toone, who grew up on a dairy farm and loves to chew on straw, toothpicks, whatever. People walking past were commenting on how tiny she was to be standing on her own. She did look pretty cute.
Hangin out on a pumpkin with Daddy.

We just couldn't keep her off those things!
Oh boy! My very own mini punmpkin!
You wanna carve it for me? Maybe just draw a little face? (So that's what I did. Drew a little baby face and set it out on the porch with our pumpkin family)
Jake was eager to get started on his pumpkin for Family Home Evening last week. We didn't have any fancy carving knives, so we just used some sharp ones and hoped for the best. Turned out our pumpkins were like 3 inches thick, and it was a lot more work than I wanted! I made Jake cut the top of mine too, and then I just did a rather simple face.
He had his face pre-planned, and traced the mouth with a little bowl. I think it turned out great! Nice matching face, too, Jakey.

And me? I think I do a good look-alike, myself!

2 comments:

Linda said...

haha you made me laugh- love your faces at the end! And of course I love Cambria standing in her little stripes- cute! Now I need to see a picture of her in her ladybug costume! =)

Brittney said...

Cute, Heath! I can't believe Cam is standing, and I love her bow! Good job on the pumpkins. I didn't use gloves the whole time for ours, you know. I kind of like the gooiness. :) I hope we get to hang out sometime soon!!