Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pennsylvania Trip!

On October 10, Mommy and I went on an adventure to York, Pennsylvania to visit Grandma and Grandpa for 10 days. Daddy had to stay and go to work, so I missed him while we were gone, but we had a fun time! I got to ride a plane for the first time...4, for that matter. (We flew to Denver and then Indianapolis to Baltimore, and back to Salt Lake to come home). It went well though...I sat on Mommy's lap for a couple, and sat in my carseat for a couple, and both ways it was fun. When we got to Baltimore, I put on my "I love my Grandma" shirt and had a joyful reunion at the security gate where she was waiting for us. And then Grandpa was waiting at home to greet us when we got to York. It was so fun to see them both.
Mom was excited to show Grandma what a good eater I am, and here I am showing off my adorable face.
I went to church with them the next day and got to sit up on the stand with Grandpa in sacrament while Mommy sang "I Stand All Amazed" and Grandma played piano. Grandpa surprised them by asking them over the pulpit if they would do a special impromptu musical number, and they pulled it off! I offered to play my rattle along with them, but they declined. Here I am after church eating....once again. It seems that all I do is eat, sleep and play, doesn't it!
Grandpa sure thinks I'm cute. I won't deny it.
Who would??
On Columbus Day, Grandma had the day off work so she took us on an adventure! First we went to Mommy's favorite place- Amish Country! We went to Kitchen Kettle in Intercourse, and I got to see the horsies that pull the big black buggies around town. That would be much more fun to travel in than a boring back seat of a car!
We took a picture with these pumpkin heads...don't ask me why...
And I got to spend lots of fun time with Grandma, my favorite part!
When we visited the animals at the little petting zoo, this goat stuck his head through the fence and ate the security tag right off my stroller! Grandma tried to grab it from his mouth, but he swallowed that thing pretty quickly. I don't know why Mommy loves these silly animals so much. I liked the miniature horse, Derby.
The fall leaves were really pretty and red.
Our next stop was New Holland to go to a big craft warehouse that Grandma wanted to visit, and then we went on to Hershey! We went to the Hershey Museum, and sat in on this painting with Milton Hershey himself. Looks pretty real, huh? We tried to go to Chocolate World but it was already closed. That's ok, though....Mommy doesn't let me eat chocolate anyways.
But when we went out to dinner to Logan's Roadhouse in York, Grandma thought it would be fun to feed me a lemon and see how I'd react.
There ya have it. Not my favorite.
Don't try that again.
Over the next few days, poor Grandma got sick and found out it was Bronchitis. She didn't come near me for a few days so that I wouldn't get sick, but that was too bad cuz I wanted her to get better! Mommy and I hung out with some of her friends, I tried out some new outfits (check out those funky tights!) and even did a tour at Wolfgang's Chocolate Factory in York with Mommy's friend Sommer and her cute little boys. I had to wear a hairnet while Mommy carried me around in her carrier. I looked pretty cute, I wish I had a picture!
Grandma had some fun toys for me to play with, but I think this one backfired on me...
Just passin the time.... :)
Grandpa noticed this orange juice jug was almost as big as me!

Keep reading for more of our fun trip!

No comments: