I thought I'd wrap up 2009 with a nice shiney bow on it by blogging about our last festivities before 2010 rolled around. Our holidays were lovely, and my parents were here after the wedding to share Christmas with us. I just love everything about the holiday season, so I enjoyed all of it and didn't want it to end! A few days before Christmas, Brittney and I made a big ol double batch of peanut clusters at her house with my Mom to hand out to friends and neighbors. Those are my Mom's specialty, and I've enjoyed them for many years! Mmm creamy chocolatey goodness.

The Monday night before Christmas, we all convened at the Energy Solutions Arena for the Christmas Sing-Along with Jon Schmidt as the special guest. We'd never been to it, but this year they did one heck of a marketing job and promised everyone who came to the arena: Free hot dogs and soda, free movie popcorn passes, Bee's and Jazz tickets, etc. So my whole family and lots of Jake's family and Brittney's in-laws all went, stood outside on the street in the bitter cold waiting for the arena doors to open, and joined the thousands of people that showed up for the holiday music extravaganza. It was fun to sing carols with that many people all together, and even though it was crazy, I think we'll make it a tradition! As you can see, Cam didn't know quite what to make of all the noise...

After that, we trudged down to Temple Square and appreciated the lights, as always!


It was mighty cold, and the visitors centers had closed, but we got some nice pictures! (Notice the snowflake falling right over Matty's eye)

Christmas Eve was nice....Jake, Cambria and I went to see "Princess and the Frog" with the Yospe's, and Cam surprisingly made it through without needing to be taken out! And that night, I made dinner for us, my parents and Bree, and we played a fun game of Settlers of Catan and read the Christmas story in Luke 2 and sang some carols here in our living room.

Christmas morning came, and I excitedly made sure everyone was awake by 8:30 or so and ready to open presents. We always open presents first, while the traditional delicious breakfast casserole is cooking in the oven, along with cinnamon rolls. It was so fun to see Cambria with her little presents....she didn' t care so much about what was inside. She liked ripping paper, eating tags, and climbing on boxes, like her Busy Ball Popper box here.

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa! Mom cheated and took a shower and got ready first. And Jake did too, much to my chagrin! I made him at least take his shoes off, explaining that Christmas morning is supposed to be spent with jammies on and looking like sleep! Hello!

Cami with her first little dollie. I haven't named her yet. Maybe I'll let Cam do it when she can talk. The other day, I caught Cami in her crib holding the dollie and just giggling to herself, playing with the little yarn hair and enjoying her little friendship.

Later, we got ready for the day and Cam got in her Little Red Riding Hood outfit to go to Grandma and Grandpa Yospe's, while my parents and Bree headed down to Britt's house. I love this pic.

The only pic I got at Grandma's....Cam eating the head of a princess, with such a delighted look on her face. We had so much fun with both families, and were spoiled once again with all the awesome things we got and the love we felt from everyone. I'm already excited for next year, to see Cambria's delight once again when she's a little more able to understand Christmas!

I just had to post this picture to show how Cam sleeps these days....She loves her fleece blankie that Aunt Brittney made for her long ago. The routine is, I lay her down, give her her binkie, and lay the blankie over her little blanket sleeper body, and she immediately grabs it and rubs her face excitedly, and snuggles in. So cute.

On Christmas Day, this was Cami having her first bath. Ever. haha, just kidding. First bath in the real bathtub, which made her cry at first but now she loves! Freedom!

We went to visit our Grandma Yospe after Christmas, which was lots of fun and we enjoyed a yummy dinner with her in the dining hall.

Precious moment with Daddy on the couch. I couldn't pass up this cuddling session.

After New Years, which we celebrated at a neighbor's house with food and Rock Band, I sadly took the Christmas decor down. But it was a good feeling to "simplify" the house and our lives again.

And Jake and I celebrated our 2 year Anniversary on January 4. woo hoo! I love you, Jake! He wanted to make me dinner, so we had a feast of cornish hen, veggies, stuffing and my sweet potato apple bake, along with some Martinellie's and beautiful roses.

That's a lot of fooood! And it was mighty good.

We went to see Avatar 3D, which I totally loved! And since then, we've been enjoying the quiet winter days of 2010! By the way, Haaaaapppy New Year!
2 comments:
Cute post, Heath! Those are some great pics. I wish Ari would go to bed as well as Cam does! She's screaming away right now. :( And I hope she takes to her dolly soon! It's going to be so fun to see both Ari and Cam as they get older and more "girly."
Oh I love your posts. I'm glad your family was able to be there with you guys. Can you post your breakfast casserole recipe sometime? I'd love to have it, I remember how delicious it is.
Post a Comment