My mom and I found the best new place for frozen yogurt at the Gateway Mall! It's called Juicy Berry, and apparently there are a lot of other places just like it that are popping up everywhere. The set up is a wall of self-serve frozen yogurt machines, and you get your own and pay by the ounce. This place had a stack of teensy sample cups when you walk in, so that you can stand there and try every flavor before you decide if you want. And then the actual cups are quite large, to entice you to fill it up!I was drawn to the place by the cozy couches and pillow seating, the trendy retro lighting and the fact that it's only 41 cents an ounce. Mom thought it was fun, too, and she felt bad leaving without actually buying some (unlike me) so we shared a cup of yumminess with fresh fruit added to it. It was a delightful treat after walking around in the hot hot sun and a lunch of Panda Express. While downtown, we stopped in and visited Jake at work, since his office is in the Energy Solutions Arena right across from the Gateway. He always welcomes a visit from this little ball of sunshine.
Oops, I cut off Jake's head in attempts to capture her cuteness.
She had fun shopping and hanging out with Grandma downtown!
And alas, the day came when my mom had to leave this blessed land and return to her homestead. We decided to have one last little outing with Brittney and her kiddos, at Gardner Village before I took Mom to the airport. The girls went into the petting zoo with Grandma and loved running around amongst the animals.


And Cami went on her very first pony ride! I wasn't sure if she was big enough or brave enough to handle it, but she was a champ! Didn't think twice about hopping onto that teensy pony and going for a ride. At first, she started like this, without holding on to anything. Brave little lass!






1 comment:
Awwww, that makes me miss you all over again! Fun pictures that I hadn't seen, and Cami just gets cuter and cuter. Look how much she's grown from just the pictures on the side of your blog. She's a big (but still petite!) girl now!
Post a Comment