The first day started earrrrrrly at 4:15 am. We got up, got ready, and took Cami to her Aunt Jana's house to stay overnight, after which she would stay with Aunt Kate, and then Grandma and Grandpa Yospe. We were gone from Thursday to Sunday, and luckily we have wonderful family members who were willing to watch Cam for us! Our flight left at 7 am, and we were at the airport at 5:30, but security lines were ridiculous and we stood in line for about an hour. Luckily, all 40 people in our group got on the plane (at which point some immediately started drinking) and we made it to Vegas.
They treated everyone to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe, and then bussed us over to the first game of the day: BYU vs. TCU. It was fun to be there, and we got to sit in lower bowl, so I felt lucky. After BYU won, I was satisfied and ready to be done for the day. :) But there were 3 more games to be watched, and I tried to give the 2nd game a chance. But getting up at 4 does not do well with me, and the arena was stuffy and stinky by then, and so we left. Bless Jake for sacrificing. In my defense, pretty much everyone else in our group left too. We paid 12 bucks for a cab back to the Luxor, got Panda Express, and ate and watched the game in our room. It was lovely. We DID go back to the arena for the U of U game that night at 6 (from there on out we got rides in Jake's boss's rental car) but the game was painful to watch and they lost. That night, I was SO tired, but Marc treated us and another couple to a pizza dinner after the game, and we got home around 10:30 and just crashed.
An hour later, we were BRUTALLY awoken by a few drunkards who came crashing down the hallway, yelling and swearing at the top of their lungs. It got closer and louder, and ended up in the room right next to us, with an adjoining door. Oh. No. You. Didn't. There were guys and girls and crashing and drinking...it was a nightmare. Jake called security. But the drunkards left again to go party some more, so we finally fell asleep. They came back a few hours later, woke us up again, Jake called security again, blah blah, we fell asleep. In the morning at 8:30, they woke us up with their laughing and replaying the night's events. UGHHH. I was so mad. And tired. So we took action and changed rooms that day. :) Hallelujiah, we moved from the 4th floor to the 19th floor and had quiet neighbors after that.
Friday was a good day...it was blue skies and 80 degrees! I love palm trees.
I loved this Statue of Liberty made of jelly beans!
We ate breakfast at Denny's on the strip that morning, and while we were waiting to be seated, we watched these characters on the street. Jake tried to get a picture with Batman before we learned that they want money.
And this is just an illustration of every meal that Jake and I eat together. He's done after approximately 4 minutes, and I still have almost my whole meal left. Fast eater + slow eater= lots of waiting time for Jake. :)
We hit up the M&M store, and even watched the little 10 minute 3D movie. Dumb, but just for kicks n' giggles.
Look at all the colors! Mmmm.
Further down the strip, we visited the Bellagio, definitely one of my favorites. I loved these chandeliers.
They had just re-done the Conservatory display to be a carnival/butterfly theme. So fun!
Mmmmm biggest chocolate fountain in the world. Yes please.
That day was the 2nd game for BYU....the one in which Jimmer scored 52 points, breaking his record and putting on quite a show! It was awesome. We sat behind a super fan who attracted quite the attention, which landed us on SportsCenter, so that was kinda fun. I tried to get Jake to look excited, and to cheer for BYU, but had no such luck. He was silently impressed.
Here's a video of some of the action. It was LOUD.
And this wasn't the end of our trip, but my blogger account says it's full! I can't add any more pictures. Does anyone know how to fix that? I'll finish up when I figure it out. :)




















5 comments:
What a fun time, I am so jealous of the little getaway and the Vegas sun! Glad you had a good time minus the drunkards :)
So jealous of the Jimmer events! Sounds like you had a great time!
That trip sounds like a blast! I'm jealous and glad you had such a great time!
Fun! Love the Bellagio pics and the jellybean statue. :) Just go and pay the $5.00 and you won't have to worry anymore... I had to a couple months ago. Everything else is free w/ blogger is free, so I don't think it's a big deal.
Make sure you're shrinking all your pictures before you upload them. They'll upload faster and you won't run out of space. Use picasa to export them to about 1000 pixels wide.
Post a Comment