Monday, March 28, 2011

Vegas Part 2...

 Ok, we're back in business! Just to finish up, here are a few more pictures of our 3rd day in Vegas. Another warm sunny day made things quite enjoyable, and we spent the morning doing more sight seeing! I don't remember the last time I have walked so much in my life...maybe since the mission. It felt good, though, and I got some more pretty pictures.
 I think this one's at theMirage? Love this sight!
 I'm glad Brittney told us to check out the Wynn at the opposite end of the strip, because it was gorgeous! And worth the long trek. I love the indoor gardens and mosaic floors.
 These paper lanterns...
 And this beauty!
We had to book it back to the Luxor, which totally wore me out, to make it in time to catch a ride to the game. Jake ran and got us some Subway and made it just in time! What a gem. The game was a great experience...BYU vs. SDSU, with lots of noise and tons of people. It was also super disappointing and painful in the end when they lost, but I was still glad to be there. Here I am, and notice the super fan (also Bree's former MTC teacher) below me.
 After the game, it was only 7:00 and the night was young, and we were hungry! We thought we could grab a quick bite to eat somewhere closeby and enjoy a relaxing evening. So what did we do? We started walking. It's my fault...my pregnancy cravings wanted pasta, and convinced me I needed The Cheesecake Factory. Jake was a trooper and agreed that sounded good, and so we made the trek from the Luxor to Caesar's Palace for the 2nd time that day. I wanted to turn back so many times, but by that point it was like "But we've come this far, why turn back now?" So we got to the restaurant at about 8;30, waited patiently for our name to be called and enjoyed the fish...
 and entertained ourselves...
 and it was SO worth it. Mmmmm. We shared a pasta dish called Chicken Bellagio, with creamy parmesan basil pasta and breaded chicken with arugula salad and proscettio on top. It was heavenly, along with the bread, and we topped it off with a slice of Oreo cheesecake. Yes. Please.
Definitely worth the trek. Vegas isn't my favorite city, but it does have it's good points. And it was a lovely chance to getaway with Jake!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I'm glad you made it to the Wynn! It's so fun and whimsical! :) And that cheesecake looks divine!