Ohhh man....we're in the home stretch. I can't tell you how excited and anxious I am for baby girl to come. As of today, I'm technically 37 weeks along. I went to the doctor on Monday (finally, after a 3 week wait), and everything looked great. Baby girl's heartbeat was awesome, and the doc said she's HEAD DOWN now! Yaaayyy. That whole breech thing had me worried. I didn't want to go through the doctor trying to turn her from the outside, and I really didn't (and don't) want a c-section. I know some ladies swear by it, but the thought of being cut open and being in surgery just scares me. SO, hopefully baby will stay in the right position and be ready to go! Give me an epidural and a normal labor/delivery, and I'll be a happy camper.
The doctor did say she was measuring at 35 weeks....hmmm. So she might be a little peanut, but hopefully she'll be good and ready to come out when she does. He told me that she's down really low, and I'm 60% effaced and 1 cm dilated- woo hoo! But he doesn't want me to go yet, so I have instructions to take it easy. Yes sir, that shouldn't be a problem. I can barely function at times! As it gets closer, my ailments just seem to keep piling up. It's pretty crazy. Again, I don't want to complain, but I'm just gonna lay it all out there so I can remember how this pregnancy went.
Here's what's been goin on.....numb fingertips and tingly hands and feet, and a weak achy body. Apparently this is because of my being significantly anemic, which has also caused my eyesight to change. As I sit here and type with my glasses on, everything is a blur. Who knew pregnancy could change your eyes?? It's been hard though, because I can't read books anymore, can barely spend time on the computer before my eyes go fuzzy, and even cooking dinner, I can't read directions or recipes and have to ask Jake to tell me what it says. Sucks! Apparently they'll go back to normal once the baby comes. Whew.
I've had a sore throat on the left side only for over 3 weeks, accompanied with a dry cough and stuffy nose at night. Pretty sure it's because of the acid reflux that decided to make an appearance again in the last month. No heartburn, but I have a sucky esophogus that doesn't push things down (hence my swallowing problem) and lets fluid come back up at night. So as gross as it sounds, I'll wake up choking and coughing several times in the night, and sometimes relocate to the couch so I can sit up and sleep. My itching legs and feet continue...as does the constipation and bowel issues. Oh, and I'm losing weight instead of gaining, which puzzles me and makes me feel bad for baby because I just want her to be healthy and well nourished. Sorry baby, this pregnancy has rocked my body! Hope it hasn't been too crazy for you too. K, enough whining.
I really do love being pregnant. Despite the challenges, it is SOOO worth it! I will miss feeling that little person inside me, kicking, rolling around, and hiccuping. For the past couple months, I've told Cami when baby's kicking and have her put her hand on my tummy to feel it. She's never really had a reaction, and I don't know if she realized or felt what was really happening. HowEVER, this past Monday night after the fair, Cam and I were sitting on a bench waiting for Jake to get the car and pick us up (bless him). Cam had kissed my belly and said that baby girl was sleeping. A few minutes later, Cami was resting and had her cheek against my tummy, when all of a sudden baby girl kicked hard, and Cami popped up really fast with a shocked smile on her face. She said, "Baby girl woke up!" And just started giggling forever and saying how she felt her against her cheek, and had a look of awe on her face. I loved it! So fun. I can't wait for them to finally meet and be best little friends.
The nesting instincts have kicked in, although that hasn't included much cleaning. Poor house....poor Jake. But when I've had the energy, I've been going through baby clothes, making room in the baby room's closet, organizing stuff, and just trying to feel more prepared. My hospital bag is packed, baby's car seat came in the mail, and we sold our car and bought a minivan all on the same day! Yesterday, to be exact. So now we're the proud new owners of a 2010 maroon Kia Sedona, which I am about to take out on our first errand run, and Cami's pretty excited! I'll post pictures and bid farewell to our Honda Accord in the next post. I just can't believe I'm driving around a mom van now- I'm in the club! Now come and join us, baby girl, I'm so ready for you!
2 comments:
Dear Schmeether, I don't think you need to apologize at all for complaining about all your health issues. It's not like you're blaming baby Girl herself... it's just the situation that has made you 100% miserable for a very long time. I feel so sorry for you!! It makes me sad that you can't even text. :( Hehe... which is probably the least of your worries. Anyway, I love you, and I'm excited for everything to roll forth in the next few weeks.
I know things have gotten much tougher since you wrote this, but you'll look back and hopefully remember the good things- like Cami's response to a kick. So sweet!! She'll be a great big sister!
Post a Comment