They were pretty serious about their job.
And voila, the finished snowman! Best lookin one in the whole neighborhood, I must say. He has dried mangoes for a mouth and carrots for eyes and nose. Good job Cam, he's awesome!
(The snowman started tilting that day and was at a 45 degree angle by the next day, but he held his own for awhile! We noticed there was a pile of poop tucked into his side...must have been shoveled up and packed right in. Gross.) Can't wait to see the next snowman the dynamic duo comes up with!
Cami also had her very first DENTIST visit! Almost 3 years old...we thought it was about time. :) She went to the dentist we go to, and it's conveniently right down the street. They did a great job of making her feel comfortable and special, and she was a little champ.
She got to pick a movie (Toy Story) and watch it on the ceiling with little headphones. She looked so cute. They did x-rays, brushed, and flossed, and told her that she had princess teeth. She got nervous before each thing, and I kind of had to intervene and assure her it wouldn't hurt, and then she was ok. They let her pick a Winnie the Pooh and princess toothbrush, toothpaste and dino floss, and a pencil out of the prize box. She was pretty excited about all of that, and is so proud of her princess teeth now!
As for Lexi's firsts, she went to her first JAZZ GAME the other week with the fam. Cami borrowed Mae's cute pink jersey to wear to the game, and was so excited to watch basketball.
Lexi stayed nice and cozy in her carseat for most of the time. She's such a good baby!Mmm our favorite part of going to games...enjoying a Russells ice cream cone!
Me and little Miss Pinkie. We all had a good time at the game!
Another first for Lexi was a trip to the ZOO. We're still putting our pass to good use! Since we had a Saturday with nothing planned, and beautiful winter weather, we decided to go with Kate and Jordan and their kiddos. It worked out great, because Jake pushed me around in a wheelchair (since I still don't have a lot of energy or strength) and Jordan pushed Lexi in her stroller. She was all decked out for the cold air!
And SO excited to be at the zoo!
Cam and Mae had fun watching the monkeys! We saw pretty much all the animals at the zoo, rode the carousel and played on the playground and had a great time.
I've been bad at keeping Lexi's baby book up...I haven't really written anything! Whoops. But she's had lots of other firsts and is now an avid roller...she won't stay on her back anymore! She loves to smile and coo, and has slept through the night for a long time now, which is so nice! She'll go to sleep around 8:30 and sleep till 7 am. Bless her. She's still in a bassinet in our room, and I don't have any plans of moving her to the crib in Cami's room any time soon. No rush! She's growing fast though, and has got lots of cute chub and rolls...and we'll find out her stats in a week at her 4 month checkup. I was in the hospital for her 2 week AND her 2 month checkups, so I'm excited to make it to this one.
She just moved up to 5 oz of milk per bottle, since she made it very clear with her little girly squeals and cries that 4 wasn't enough anymore. Lexi loves her binkie, napping in her swing, watching and smiling at Cami, sleeping with her arms up, and holding her bottle when she's eating. We sure love our Lexi Lou!














6 comments:
I love it when you post pictures! That second one of Lexi in her pink thing is especially cute. :) Sounds like you had a good, relaxing day today, as well! Good for you!
Yay! I was just thinking, "I hope Heather posts something soon" and woa-lahh. Here it is. I love all the pics. I laughed at your comment of the poop in the snowman's sad. Bahahaha... poop jokes. :) I'm glad you've been able to capture these fun "firsts", even with your continual problems and frustrations. Keep your chin up, my lady! love you.
Yay for firsts! You still manage to get out and do so many things. That's awesome. Lexi has such a cute serious face and I love the chubby cheeks. What a cutie!
Yay- so fun to randomly click on your blog and find new posts! Love all the pictures....what a cute daddy to shovel all the snow into a pile- that's a great snowman! (and the poop packed in is kind of fitting....) =)
The zoo and the game looked like lots of fun, and Cami's such a big girl at the dentist! I'll miss being with Lexi at the Dr (and I do like Dr. B!) but I'm so glad you'll finally be able to take her! She's such a doll and pure sweetness- what a needed blessing for you two! Keep sharing fun pictures- love and miss you!
Wow! So fun! The poop in the snowman was hilarious!!
I can't believe how much you do! You're more active than I am! I am so so glad though.
Beautiful, cute kids. It was good to read about her first dentist appt. I need to take Jason... sometime... :)
Oh, and bless that child and her night sleeping. *sigh*
Post a Comment