Sunday, March 11, 2012

Let's Go Jazz!

I'm not going to pretend to be a superfan and say that I closely follow the UT Jazz, but I do enjoy a good game every once in awhile! I love that Jake can get tickets for just about every home game. Last month, his boss offered Jake his personal tickets along with dinner beforehand, so we jumped on the opportunity for a night out! We went and ate this awesome meal of roast, potatoes, veggies, salad, rolls, and desserts galore. It was a lot of yummy food!
 The handsome man himself, eating to his heart's content in the special VIP room.
 The bonus with that night too was that during half time, we went down to the VIP room again and they had popcorn, nachos, drinks and cookies to enjoy. We were soo full by the end of the night, but it was a super fun game!

Jake also got awarded Employee of the Month in December for the whole Larry H. Miller company. I was very proud! They held a special dinner last month for all the employees of the month from last year at the arena, and it was fun to see him recognized. After dinner, one of the employees that pretty much runs the Energy Solutions Arena asked if anyone wanted a tour. We decided to tag along....Jake works downstairs in the offices, but it's fun to see what else goes on in that huge place, including the Jazz locker room! I sat in Millsap's chair...he's a pretty key player so I felt semi special. I always love to compare my feet with their gigantic shoes.
 We walked through the coach's office, the play-drawing board room, the showers and massage area where the players take ice baths and get all sorts of special treatment. What a life.

Then just a couple weeks ago, we decided to go as a fam to another game. Cami loves going, after all, and Lexi does awesome. Here's Cami outside the arena, worrying about her hair blowing in the wind. :)
 So excited! Her favorite part is the Jazz Bear, who runs around and walks up bleacher railings and shoots silly string and blows smoke. Her other favorite part is the ice cream cone that we always get at the games...mmm Russell's ice cream.
 We found that it's easier for Jake to just carry Lexi in a carrier, then try to carry in her car seat and then check it at a service desk. What a cute dad.
 Ohhhh Lexie Lou.
 At this game, we got to sit with Jake's parents and Bree and Cassity, so it was lots of fun!
Sportin the Jazz colors.
 Emma was so wonderful- she held Lexi the entire time, and the sweet baby just eventually fell asleep in her lap. Bless Grandmas!
 And bless fun aunts, who keep 2 year olds entertained the entire time. :)
We were going to leave early, to get the girls to bed, but the game was so intense we stayed until the last second when the Jazz ended up losing. Bummer. But I love those games that keep you on the edge of your seat...it seems like they should just wipe out the entire first 3/4 of basketball games and just get to the end when it actually matters. What do I know though. I'm just glad we get these fun opportunities to go to games!

2 comments:

Jen said...

When we lived in UT going to the Jazz games was always one of our favorite things to do! I really miss being able to do that. I'm glad you and Jake get to go so much....how fun!

Brittney said...

I love that last picture of Bree and Cam. :)