Cami's prayer these days:
"Dear Heavenly Father, thank thee for this day. Thank thee good day for our family. Thank thee good day for Jesus. Thank thee good day for Jesus to help Mommy feel better. Please help Mommy to not eat eggs and smoothies anymore. Please help Mommy to not have any more poops. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
I do love a good child's prayer. (the poop part was when I was having diahrrea, the opposite of my problems currently.) I love when Cam prays for me. My little dolly.
This picture was taken a few weeks ago, before I got the lovely feeding tube inserted. Now I have a tube that hooks over my ear, is taped to my cheek, goes in through my nose, down my throat, and straight into my small intestine. I do formula tube feedings every night for about 16 hours, and Jake has been a champ, acting as my home health nurse. Cami finds the whole thing exciting and is very supportive. She says "Good job, Mommy! You're drinking your milk!" A line she uses a lot these days is "Mommy, you just need to get better."
You're right, Cami Lamb. I'm trying. I had a brain MRI, which came back normal, but I also had a chest CTscan which came back showing some kind of obstructive lung disease. ?. We and a couple of my doctors had previously thought I had something called Sarcoidosis, but apparently there's something different going on with my lungs. And that's not even the main attraction in all my ailments...it's the bloating and swelling of my intestines that are getting the best of me these days. Not only have numerous people thought I have cancer, but the pharmacist asked me how far along I am in pregnancy. Nope, not pregnant, lady. Just sick and tired. Sick...and...tired.
I'm quite the sight to see these days. I have short hair hidden under my hat, dilated pupils since I have to take eyedrops everyday to keep them dilated to try to get rid of this Iritis, big dark old man sunglasses to protect my eyes from the sun, hunched shoulders, bloated belly, no butt, and a stylish tube coming out of my nose, sometimes hooked to an awesome black backpack if I'm "feeding on the go". It's humbling, I tell ya.
My gastro doc just told us today that he thinks we need to go to the Mayo Clinic. He's doing all he can to help me, but he's about out of ideas, and he said it'd be good to get more opinions and help from the best. So we're going to start getting our ducks in a row, in preparation. In the meantime, I'm supposed to see a pulmonologist for my lung issues. I'm getting weekly iron infusions through an IV at IMC. I'm on steroids for my bowels, and I'm also eating normal food in addition to the tube feeding.
We are almost 100% sure that I have Celiac Disease. The endoscopy biopsy showed suspicions of Celiac, but couldn't make a conclusive diagnosis for some reason. I have blunted villi in my intestines, which means they are Aaannnnggrry. So my diet is GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE now, and it is quite a doozy! It's an adventure, and I've learned a lot and will continue to learn. I don't feel better yet, but I'm hoping I will start to slowly improve. I've got to, right?? I will.
Thank you all for your continuous prayers and encouragement. I feel the love! And I can't thank you enough.

8 comments:
Oh for the love of all that is good and holy! I'm not sure what that means...but it's basically an exasperated, "SHEESH!" I'm so sorry for you. But I will say that I completely laughed out loud at Cami's cute little prayer for you. It's so darling... and yet sad that she is very aware that you are not feeling well and she only wants you to get better. And you will!! I'm giving you two big THUMBS UP for the Mayo Clinic idea... yes 100%.
LOVE YOU!!!!
You poor thing! I really feel for you. I can't even imagine what it's like to be you these days. I hope you'll be able to find some answers at the Mayo Clinic. Someone has to know what is going on! Good luck! We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.
Cami's prayer made me guffaw! So funny!!
Have you ever seen the show House? It's a terrible show, but I confess I used to watch it. Anyway, I wish there was a Dr. House in the world for you! Hopefully the Mayo Clinic will figure it all out.
Jason and I are praying for you too!
Heather, I am so sorry about all you are going through. My dad is a pulmonologist, but he is on a mission. I wish he were here, because he is great at diagnosing difficult to solve cases.
You are in my thoughts and prayers!!
Heather, we are praying for you. My girls are praying for you. I loved Cami's prayer, her faith I am sure is ample, but I hope our faith helps some too, I ame sure it is nothing compared to little cami's.
Which mayo clinic would you be heading to? they are the best they have to be able to help somehow.
Heather my dear friend. I just love you bunches and know my family prays for and thinks of you often. You are such a brave and strong daughter of God.... Even if you don't feel physically strong. Thank you for keeping us posted!
Heather, let us know what we can do to help with going to the Mayo Clinic! We love you and pray for you every night! :)
If you do have Celiac Disease I have to say this is the worst case I've ever heard of! As always, prayers are coming your way and I hope you can get the answers you need. Soon!
Post a Comment