Sunday, December 9, 2012

Date Night

 The other night, we went on a lovely date to Jake's awards dinner at work. Grandma and Grandpa Yospe watched the girls, and Jake and I dressed up and had a nice time at the arena downtown. The dinner was held on the top floor in a nice banquet room, and we were served prime rib and salmon. The food staff was nice enough to cook foods that I could eat, including separate gluten free salmon, because they knew about my diet ahead of time. It's always nice to meet the people who I hear about so often from Jake when he talks about work, and to see him in action with his coworkers. I can tell he's much appreciated for all his hard work, and I'm proud of my boy! It was fun to dress up semi-formal. I borrowed Brittney's beautiful red dress, shrug, and heels. We posed for a picture when we went to pick up the girls.
 It's hard to feel as fancy and "pretty" without long, beautiful hair. But I'm making due with what I have. And I wish I didn't have to wear my glasses 24/7. I like to cheat sometimes and take them off for pictures, because I prefer myself without. But I'd rather see more than anything.
By the way, I'm absolutely LOVING the Christmas season, and it makes me so happy to see all the decorations, and houses lit up, hear the music, and think about all the magical memories still to come this month! Oh, and I turned 30. :) More on that to come. Happy Holidays, yippee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you in that dress! That was the perfect choice. You look beautiful. And just so you know, I love you with your glasses! Don't feel like you have to hide them because they're super cute. I'm glad you and Jake were able to have a fancy night out on the town. You both deserved a fun get-away. :)

Unknown said...

So beautiful! And Jake looks so dashing!!! And you guys match! :) Cute, cute :)