I figured I would post the pics from December now, even though January's almost over. I'd like to have a memory of what we did leading up to Christmas. Back when I actually ate grains, we made some yummy gluten free dairy free sugar cookies. Cami had fun with frosting and decorating with sprinkles.
We went to the mall one day for an FM100 Christmas concert to see Peter Breinholt. As we were walking, we saw Santa Claus walking right towards us! Cami started getting nervous, and wanted to hide, but I just laughed and asked her to push the stroller for me so I could take a picture. She tried to get as far away from him as she could, and as he passed, he held out his fist and said "Knuckles!" She did it, very tentatively. She's just not a huge Santa fan. :)
Cute little Lexi admiring the snow outside. Poor girl still hasn't had a chance to go outside and actually play in it. I'm not too excited to send her out and let her play when she's had a cold half this winter, but maybe one of these days.
We made a little trip to Scheels, the new mega sporting/outdoors store along the freeway in Sandy. This is one of their fun photo ops, and Lexi was enthralled with the bear.
Cami and Daddy rode the ferris wheel, which they loved. It's a real, full sized one right in the store! Santa Claus was even there, and got on at the same time as them.
Cami and the giant elk.
Cam and I finished this fun puzzle together, which reminded me how much I enjoy puzzles. :)
Bryan got baptized on December 22nd. I can't believe he's 8! I used to be his nanny when I was going to BYU and he was just a little toddler in diapers. He's so grown up now, and such a little stud. Here he is with all the cousins that were there.
Me and my immediate family, minus Nathan who we were missing in Missouri. And cute little Grandma Willes.
After the baptism, we all headed up to Temple Square. Favorite Christmas activity, yay! First we went to the Grand America and did their fun kids' window search. Then we walked around temple square amongst thousands of other people. It was crazy busy, and freezing cold. But beautiful.
Love Lexi's rosy cheeks in that little hat!
Me and Schmeeee!
The Sunday before Christmas, the girls wore their fancy dresses to church.And we tried our best to get a family picture
That evening, we went to Grandma Willes's house for her annual Cookie Party!! I love that she has this tradition. All the kids and grandkids and whoever else wants to join, come to her house and decorate a person and a tree sugar cookie, and eat lots of goodies and wear Santa hats. I love watching Cami and Ari have so much fun together.
This is the first year that my mom and dad could actually be here for the party! My aunt tootsie and Aunt Jamie are visiting with Mom and Britt here, amongst the vast array of candy.
On Christmas Eve, we went to Joy Luck Chinese restaurant in Bountiful with Jake's parents and Abe and Jordan's families. My parents and Bree also came, which was so fun. The food there was deeelicious, and they had a lot of gluten free options that I was able to enjoy. Walnut shrimp...mmmmm. Cami had fun with Mae.
Cute picture with Daddy!Lexi ate anything we gave her. She's a champ.
Christmas Eve jammies!
After dinner, we had a lovely evening with the fire burning, singing carols with Bree's guitar, and Dad reading the story of the birth of Christ in Luke 2. Cami acted out the story with our Little People nativity set.
Me, Mom Bree and Cam, reading for Christmas to come!
It was so nice to have Mom and Dad and Bree here to share this special night with us. I felt so blessed!

























1 comment:
What fun pictures! We'll have to check out Scheels the next time we're in UT-- I haven't ever heard of it! Can't wait to see you all again in person!
Post a Comment