Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Max and Ruby Party!

 Cami is so into Max and Ruby this year, that it made sense to make that the theme of her party to go with her cake. There's not much in the way of Max and Ruby party supplies out there, and I didn't want to pay a ton to order stuff online, so I turned to my creative side! I had fun making this Pin the Tail on Max poster.

I taped 2 pieces of paper together to get his full body and ears in there. I just copied a picture from one of her coloring books, and had fun coloring him in with marker and crayons.
 Here's our kitchen birthday set-up. On the front door, there was yellow "caution" type tape with the words Bunny Zone all over it that I found at the dollar store. That was the great thing about having a bunny party around Easter- there was so much out there to find!
 For snacks, we had "Rabbit Food" veggie tray, "Bunny Poop" chocolate covered raisins, grapes, rice krispie treats, Capri Suns, bunny marshmallows and bunny shaped chocolate graham crackers.
 Here's the birthday girl, rearin to go!
 Max and Ruby beanie babies from Amazon, and our favorite books on display.
 Big 4 year old!
 Of course the kiddos went for the bunny crackers, bunny poop and marshmallows. :)
 We played Pin the Tail on Max
 And here's Max pinning the tail on Max. :)
 We played a hula hoop musical game. I played a Max and Ruby music CD and the kids walked around the hula hoops in a big circle, and when the music stopped, they had to find a spot inside a hula hoop.
 Whew, they're safe!
 Little Lexi even joined in! I love her and Cami's matching monkey shirts.
 Balcony shot
 The kids also did some freeze dancing. Winners of the games could choose from bunny ears, carrot bubbles, or chocolate bars.
 They were some good dancers!
Cami loved all her fun presents, including this light-up princess sword! We're not sure where she got that idea, but every time we'd ask what she wanted for her birthday, she'd say "A princess sword!" Aunt Brittney found a perfect one.
And a fancy bug catcher! It has a vaccuum that can suck bugs up. I actually use it to catch spiders now- it's come in handy! Cami loves to look at the bug identification guide that came with it- she's fascinated with creepy crawlies.
We couldn't have a party without a pinata! Don't mind our recycled monkey pinata from Lexi's birthday party. :)

 There he goes!

 Checkin out the loot
Cute lil bunny!
And it ended with the cake and ice cream, which is always the kids' favorite part!
 Happy Birthday, Cam, we love you!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a fun party Heather! I love how "Pin-the-tail-on-Max" turned out. Great idea!

We've been huge Max and Ruby fans for 8 years now. But there are so many people who still haven't figured out how silly these two are!

Linda said...

What an adorable party! Hope she remembers all these fun things- yay for lots of pictures to help in that department! Way to go, Mom!