Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our Little Gymnast

I kind of accidentally bought a deal on a daily deal site for one month of gymnastics. I was just playing around with a promo code, and didn't really mean to buy it, but it went through and it was only like 15 bucks for 4 gymnastics classes for little Cam Cam. So we did it! Cami is a little tumbling type, moreso than a dancing type, so I knew she would love this. At her first class, it was just her and one other little girl, and she had such a blast! The teacher was super patient and helpful, and Cami was all smiles the whole time.
Doesn't she look adorable in her little tank top and leggings?
She loved being able to hang on the bar and swing around.

And this part always made me chuckle....where the teacher would rock her back and forth against the bar and say "Cast, cast, cast...."

This was her favorite part of every class....starting out on the trampoline and jumping in the foam pit!
A little balance beam action...

Woo hoo! Go Cam. She got to climb up a net, practice handstands and cartwheels, and do somersaults downhill. It was fun to watch her learn and catch onto things quickly, and to see her little arms go up in the air for the ending pose each time.
We were sad when the 4 weeks were over, because she really has a knack for gymnastics! She was happy, energetic, a little rowdy and excited but still a good listener and follower. I'm glad she had the experience, and maybe we'll have a little gymnast on our hands!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

That's so fun! She does look so cute and athletic. :)

Linda said...

Not only did I not see this post, I didn't even know about the Gymnastics lessons! Guess that's when I was a bit out of it at Stonehenge. She looks adorable, though- I'm glad she had that experience!