Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Princess Festival- A Girl's Dream Come True!

 Isn't it every little girl's dream to dress up as a princess and spend all day meeting princesses and doing girlie things? Well, maybe it's just my girls, because they sure loved the Princess Festival! We went last year with  Grandma Toone and Brittney and Ari, and I really wanted to take the girls again this year. However, I didn't want to pay around 40 bucks to do it. The AWESOME thing is, we won tickets and got to go for freee! Jake and I were at a concert at the Scera Shell in Orem a few months ago, and they were giving away prizes to ticket holders. The last prize was a 5 person pass to the Princess Festival, and I leaned over to Jake and said "oooh that's the one that we would love to win". Miraculously, they called a ticket number and Jake said, "I got it!" haha I was so excited, it was just so perfect.

So at the end of June, I took Cami and Lexi, and we went with Aunt Brittney, Ari, and cousin Mae. What an excited group of girls! Here are my little princesses, dressed up as Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.
 Pretty pretty princesses!

 Whoa, this was a fun welcoming fairy princess at the entrance.
 Meeting Alice in Wonderland. Cami had just finished reading the book and loved meeting her.
 After one of the storytimes with this gypsy princess. The point of the princess festival is to teach girls the true meaning of a princess...someone who is kind, caring, smart, and ready to serve. They hear stories, go on adventures with different princesses, make crafts, and watch shows.
 Meeting Sleeping Beauty on the hill...pink galore!
 I love Lexi's cheesey smile in this one!
 Here are the girls in a cave, helping Robin Hood.
 My sweet little mini princess
 Cute Mae, sporting Rapunzel- her favorite princess.
 Cami Lamb, having a ball
 Speaking of ball....here's Cinderella and Prince Charming!
 Getting Tinkerbell, Wendy, and Peter Pan's autographs in their princess books.
 Why not take a break to climb the spider web?

 We watched a magic show, and Cami was chosen to volunteer. He pulled a quarter out of her ear!
 And then he danced with her. She did a great job, I was proud of her!
 Yay, their favorite moment- meeting Rapunzel!
 This was a play of Princess and the Pea, and the girls were supposed to come up and help wake the princess sleeping on the stack of matresses. So cute!
 Love this little lady. She got to make her own crown, and color a picture to send to a soldier overseas.
 A-DOR-A-BLE.
 It was sooo hot that day....right around 100 degrees, so poor Lexi's cheeks got SO red. She didn't let that stop her from havin fun, though!
 Ari and Brittney had to leave, and then we cooled off with snow cones.
 And swimming! Cami was so excited to get in the water around Noah's Ark, she went right in in her dress.
 But then I let her change into her swimsuit, and she was a happy girl.
 Lexi was happy to play in her dress. :) That girl LOVES water.
 And who doesn't want to swim in a pool with a real live mermaid?


 Cute cousins!
We had such a fun time. We love the Princess Festival and can't wait to go back next year! And they lived Happily Ever After. The End.

1 comment:

Linda said...

What beautiful little princesses! Sorry I missed it this year- maybe next summer! Love the Princess Festival!