Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Yellowstone- Land of the Bison and Stink Pots

 I never tire of Yellowstone. I can go back every year and enjoy the same familiar sights, mixed with the uncertainty of where and when we'll see animals. This time, we saw a big ol bison right near the entrance of the park, along with a herd of elk right by the river. It's always exciting to see!

 We took a day trip with the fam, and just did the drive to Old Faithful and back. Firehole Falls was of course one of the stops. Like Cami's shirt?
 Awww cute Mom and Dad.
 I saw people taking a picture here in front of this cool uprooted tree, and I love it! Here's most of the grandkids, minus the babies. Love Lexi's little smile!

 Bryan and Matt (or Mah-you, as Lexi calls him), enjoying the STINK of the hot pots. I, personally, love the smell of sulfur or rotten eggs. Some people are disgusted by it, though.
 Crazy kids!

 My sweet Cami Lamb
 We made it, with just in time to get some ice cream at the hotel, browse the gift shop and visitors center.
 I love that Lexi was rushing after Grandma to follow her.
 The kiddos liked sitting on the boardwalk and waiting for the eruption.

 I love this picture!
 Cute Katelyn with her puppy backpack. There she blows!
 Aaaand what better way to end the day than to see this giant on our way out. See ya next year, Yellowstone!

No comments: