Lexi looked adorable in the Piglet costume that Cami wore a couple years ago. And Cami Lamb decided she wanted to be Fancy Nancy for Halloween! Ya know...the cute little orange curly haired book character who uses fancy words and loves tutus, ribbons and wands? We love reading those books.
I think she made a fabulous Fancy Nancy! Brittney loaned us the cute pettiskirt, and then we just pieced together the rest with what we had at home. Easy peasy!
This was another option....I just had her try it on for fun. But she looks much cuter being fancy!
We enjoyed the approaching holiday by painting pumpkins and decorating them with all kinds of doo dads. Lexi did great- she's such a cute little painter!
Haha and I just love this picture of Cam. She got this Cinderella tattoo somewhere, got it on her arm, and it made her feel super tough!The result of our pumpkin carving for Family Night. My ghosts, Jake's Doc McStuffins for Lexi, and Jake's princess for Cami. :)
Two days before Halloween, I took Lexi to the West Jordan Library for a special storytime while Cami was at preschool.
She stole the camera for a second and took some pics. I love this one, it's all artistic looking!
Going trick or treating, following the monster feet.
And Cami came home, so excited about her hat she had made for Cat in the Hat Day at preschool. It had things balancing on it, just like Cat in the Hat!
The day before Halloween, Cami and I woke up before 6 am to get to her preschool for a special filming with the news. Big Buddah was there, reporting about West Jordan High being the cool school of the week, and they featured the preschool kids making a Halloween craft in their costumes. Fun experience!
We went to yet another library storytime, this one at South Jordan Library. We just can't get enough of the library! This time, Lexi wore her monkey costume!
Cami with Fancy Nancy herself!
George and George!
Vampire fangs with a little tongue sticking out. Cute Cam
On Halloween day, we went to my old workplace, Canyon Creek, for trick or treating to the residents. I thought this was adorable- two little monkeys hangin out together, with a giraffe.
A stop at the Sweet Tooth Fairy for a free cupcake to kids in costume :)
And then on to RC Willey to see Grandpa and do more trick or treating! These kiddos love their goofy grandpa.
But they do NOT love this gorilla costume, who scared Lexi half to death. I've never heard a more blood-curdling scream out of that little lady. The gorilla felt so bad for scaring her, that he came over and gave her a full sized Twix bar with his mask off. haha
She found her match!
And another match 4 times her size!! What a great costume.And lastly, trick or treating around the neighborhood with Daddy while Mom passed out candy.
And this is my favorite part of Halloween....sorting candy! I guess it's tradition, since when I was a little kid. Now it lives on!
I can't eat one single piece of it, but it's still fun to sort. :) Happy Halloween 2013!
3 comments:
Fun, fun! Cam's Cinderella tattoo pic is my favorite. :) But I love her Fancy Nancy costume, and Lexi makes a dang cute li'l monkey.
I really should spend one of these Halloween holidays with your kids and Brittney's kids! I love the cuteness of it all. I laughed through the pics of Lexi and scary gorilla, and then her Curious George guys. :) Also, Cam is SOOOO cute as Fancy Nancy! Such a creative and adorable costume. Love it.
I saw all these blog posts last night but didn't have time to respond. Now Brittney and Brianna have said all the things I wanted to say! You sure know how to celebrate Halloween! Cami's such a perfect Fancy Nancy, and Lexi is just precious as Piglet or Curious George. Love them!
Post a Comment