Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mother's Day and Jake's Birthday

Mother's Day was a beautiful day, and my girls and I of course took pictures after church! That's what we do!


Love these little ladies so much.



Crazy daisies!
Jake gave me some beautiful pink roses, and I got fun cards and things.
Our Bishop (Jeff Grant), per tradition, made homemade ice cream for all the women to enjoy at the end of church. He is so thoughtful to make 2 dairy free options! This was a strawberry popsicle, and cantaloupe sorbet. Both deeelicious!
It was a great day. We spent the evening at the Yospe's, where we gave Emma her letters that she enjoys getting every year. All she asks for is to hear about our accomplishments and goals for the next year. Love my mother and mother-in-law! 

I don't know how I lucked out so much with two amazing, loving, strong women who love me and help me and our family with anything. And I am so so grateful to be a mother to two beautiful, fun, spunky, smart little girls who call me Mommy. What more could I ask for? Also, I'm grateful for the knowledge that no matter what, whether we're mothers to kids or not, all women are mothers. We have mother hearts. It's engrained in our souls. What an amazing thing to be loved by a Heavenly Father and Mother, and be able as women to spread that love throughout the world.

Three days after Mother's Day, Jake's birthday was here! He turned 33 this year. Woo hoo! Cami painted this picture for him with water colors. :)
Even though he had to go to work that day, he enjoyed some birthday oatmeal, and opened presents before taking off.

After work, there were a couple more to open! (lots of clothes and things). Then we went out to dinner to Sizzler.
These girls got the all you can eat steak and shrimp, along with the birthday boy. Then they enjoyed ice cream cones for dessert.

Who knew that this is the birthday treat they bring out! Jake was pretty excited. An overflowing root beer float!
Cami was a little too excited, also. She wants to drink soda whenever she sees it- not a good habit to get into! But a little every now and then is ok I suppose.
After dinner, we headed to Boondocks, our favorite birthday hangout spot. We used passes we had, and joined in the fun! This was my first time riding the go-karts. It was so fun! I did one ride with Lex, and one with Cam. Woo hoo, it took me back to my Wildwood boardwalk days!
Happy Birthday my boy, glad we got to celebrate with you! Love you!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful thoughts on mothers and motherhood...and feeling blessed to be your mama!! And tonight, while watching family videos of your 11th birthday, Ari saw you in that black and white "mature teenager" dress. She said, "That's a nice Church dress! I guess that's how she got such a good man like Jake!" Yes, I'm sure it was that very outfit! But glad he picked you! :)