Monday, April 4, 2016

CA Trip- Last Day, Balboa Island

For our laaaaast full day of vacation, we enjoyed spending time at the house, park, and on an adventure to Balboa Island. While at Britt's house, Jake and I slept in the cozy beach themed guest room, and the girls slept on the floor in Ari's bedroom. (Although Lexi usually disrupted their falling asleep, so she ended up in our room on the floor against her will. She also had come down with a yucky cold/cough, which made our last night rough.) 

I loved waking up before everyone else in the mornings, walking downstairs, seeing Luka wake up and waggle all around when I let him out of his cage. I'd let him outside, and then play with his cute little furball self until the kids woke up and came down. Jake wasn't so sure about Luka- a little energetic ball of puppy- but he did warm up to him and held him on the couch. I had to snap a picture of the precious moment, while he pretended to be indifferent. :)
Haha He's like a little play thing! Luka and Owen kind of get on each other's nerves, but they're still good buds.

Britt and I decided to take the younger kids to the park with Luka, and took him for a walk while the kids played on the playground.
The girls also rode their scooters around, enjoying every minute together!

That evening, we all took a trip to Balboa Island, one of Britt and David's favorite places. It's a quaint little town with beach houses and boats lining the water. Then you hop on a ferry and ride across a little water to get to the island and beach. The kids loved walking along the row of houses to get to the ferry.
Nice little ride! There were cars on the ferry with us.



When we got to the other side, we walked to the beach, and let the kids play in the sand and water. Of course "just get your feet wet" turns into half their bodies.
Another gorgeous sunset on the beach!

Lexi practicing some yoga. :)


Cute kiddos!
When we got back home, the kids put on their jammies, ate some dinner, and put on a puppet show, of course! Complete with music and microphone.

The adults got some Mexican takeout, and David had a funny video on his phone to show.
We went to bed that night after Brittney and I were all caught up on Downton Abbey and Fixer Upper :), and got up early the next morning on Sunday to head out on the road. I didn't want to leave! The whole trip was amazing, and I just loved being at Brittney's house and spending time in CA. It was sad to leave, knowing that it would be about 6 months before we saw them again. :( I always get the most sad when I think about Cami and Ari having to say goodbye and be apart. But alas, it's just see ya later.

We drove all day long, stopping a few times, and finally got home late that night. It was good to be home after a week! Back to reality. The next Sunday for church, the girls wore their cute new Mexican dresses and got lots of compliments.

They had a pretty awesome trip and made lots of amazing memories! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the look on Jake's face! Must've worked to have him bond with Luka, since you now have Luna! :) Balboa Island looks really fun! Bree and I drove the kids over there last summer but we didn't even park....just drove around and back out at the end of a long day hitting several beaches. I'll have to go back! And your Mexican dresses are so cute!