The most magical place on Earth! (Or so they say....) It is quite magical, though. I'm so glad we had a day set aside to spend there with the Yospe fam, as well as the Misiego fam! We slept at Brittney's, while Jake's parents and siblings slept in a hotel near Disneyland. We all got up bright and early to be there in the morning. We left Brittney's just after 7:30 maybe? And parked around 8:45 am, but that still didn't get us there in time to wait on Main Street at opening like we had hoped. That was ok, though...this is when we were waiting for the tram. The girls were sporting their new DIsney princess shirts that Santa left them! And their new Anna and Elsa necklaces. It was kind of a chilly overcast day, so we needed jackets for much of it.
We hopped on the tram, stood in a long line for security, and finally made our way into the park. We went straight to Fantasyland to ride some of those fun little rides first. What a warm welcome by Walt and Mickey!And then we ran into Mary Poppins and Bert! :) They were so cute- they took Cami and Lexi's hands and strolled with them for a minute while chatting.
I caught Lexi at a wrong moment- I swear she was enjoying herself! Look how radiant Mary is.
The wait times were pretty darn short, except for Peter Pan (always) which we saved for later. Jake rode with Lexi on Dumbo.Me and Cam waiting in line for Alice and Wonderland. I love that one!
While Cami and Jake waited for The Matterhorn, Lexi and I went ahead to Toontown. It was empty! And lovely.
Cute Pluto!
Minnie is so cute and little!
It's a Small World was still decorated for Christmas, and I guess it was the last day it'd be open before they would shut it down to change it back over. So we lucked out!
Of course, the ride the girls were MOST excited for was Splash Mountain! We finally found some of the rest of our family, so they were able to ride with cousins. And score- no line!
Classic! I loved sitting behind little Lexi Lou....her little squeals of delight were so dang cute! She and Cami have no fear- they love the big drop! No matter what, I always scream with my mouth wide open, my scream disappears as I go down, and my face is left like this. haha.
I rode the Winnie the Pooh ride with Esther and Kate and their boys :) while the others went on Splash Mountain again and again. I adore this cute little ride.
Jana and Luke and Max hopped on The Matterhorn
And since I didn't want to ride it, Jana graciously took Lexi with them! She loved it, of course.
I think our favorite characters we ran into were Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Pan was so in character, and he made the kids giggle and laugh.
Hook fist bumped, which actually meant hook bumped.
And Pan picked a leaf off the bush and ate it, then offered some to the kids. haha. They got a kick out of it.
Cute Clara with her Minnie Mouse hair.In the afternoon, we took a break and waited for the parade to start. Cami enjoyed an ice cream bar to cool her down.
The parade was fun and colorful. We sat with the fam and enjoyed it, and Brittney and her kids came right then, too!
I loved the Rapunzel float!
This man's legs made me laugh and think of Bree. We love nerdy skinny things like that. :)
Yay for sister time!
And Ari got the same shirt from Santa, since he knew they were all coming to Disneyland together! Cuties.
We had fun for the rest of the evening, going on more rides with Ari and Bryan and Matt, Owen and Brittney, and then later David joined up after work. We were there to see the fireworks over the pond, and stayed until about 10 pm!
It was such an awesome Disney Day! We already can't wait to go back. Maybe next year. :)
1 comment:
Oh Disneyland, how we love thee! So fun that you got to be there with both sides of the family! Looks like everyone had a great time!
Post a Comment