For our last day on the cruise, we had a day AT SEA. Not my favorite day. Everyone else had a great time, though. We started out with breakfast in the dining room, and as usual, Lexi used her cloth napkin as a place mat. :)
I ordered an omelette, and started to eat it, when I noticed something papery in my mouth. I pulled it out, and it looked like a piece of gray napkin. I looked at my omelette, and there was a big gray wet mass COOKED IN to the eggs. I pulled it out, totally disgusted but laughing over the absurdity, and we showed the waiter. He brought out the chef who apologized profusely, and then brought out this whole new plate with a huge omelette and potatoes. I wasn't even hungry anymore! I'd already had fruit, gluten free bread, juice, and grits with soymilk and honey. Sooo I felt kinda bad leaving most of it sitting on the plate. But not too bad.That experience kind of scarred me. Aside from that, the food was pretty good, and I seemed to have plenty of options for meals. Not fantastic food, but okay. To accommodate my needs, they asked me to order every meal ahead, which was not my favorite. At dinner, when I was never feeling well, I'd have to order my breakfast for the next day. And I'd also have to order my dinner for the next night. Meh.
This is a view of the inside of the ship, in the atrium. Fancy and a little tacky. But a typical cruise motif.
After breakfast, we went to the entertainment place to learn how to make towel creations!
Jake is talented! He made this pig.And then he started on the elephant. Haha nerdy towel.
Nice!
After that, I felt pretty sick. I ended up having to just lay on a lawn chair most of the afternoon. Lexi kept me company for a little bit.
And so did my honey.
Ohhh the ocean.
Camp Ocean had a fun activity for kids that day called Seuss a Palooza. They did a big puppet show and parade that the girls really enjoyed.
Then, the kids went swimming in the hot tub, in which Walter proceeded to lose his tooth. No, like really lose it INSIDE the hot tub. Esther asked the kids to look for it. No luck. haha.
That night, I went to dinner to be a good sport and because it was our last night. Lexi ordered a pizza bigger than her head. And fries. Very well-balanced meal.
So did Cami. Oh but there's fruit, so that's good.
All the wait staff came out and sang and danced for the farewell night, and I enjoyed watching Jake join in. :)
We never did make it to a karaoke night, and the entertainment shows were sub par. The cruise overall was a great experience, and the kids had a blast. I'd say I liked the Royal Caribbean much better than Carnival, but this was a great cruise for our family. I loved being there with extended family and making memories together.I would say, however, that I don't know how soon I would go on another Pacific cruise. The thought of boarding a ship in the near future does not bring happy thoughts. :) Maybe I'm a wuss, maybe it's due to my health issues, maybe the patches were expired...who knows. I'm glad we finally reached California again on Thursday morning, and I was more than happy to disembark that ship. Bring on dry land and Orange County!


1 comment:
I'm so sorry you got sick! I'm afraid that's exactly how I'd be on a cruise! And I can't believe no one else got seasick. It's just the worst feeling, isn't it? But maybe some day.....
Post a Comment