Grandma and the grandkids havin fun
The ferry ride was fun- the water was beautiful and greenish blue!
Unfortunately, it was a rainy gray day! It was still cool to see the island though, and see seals from the dock. I love Lexi's little teensy hand on her Daddy's arm.
We all went together to this golf cart rental place, and rented golf carts to ride around the island for an hour. It was fun! Emma posed for me with this colorful buffalo.
Buckled in and ready to go!
Esther and Walter rode with us, and Jake was the skilled golf cart driver.
When we got to the top of the hill, we had an awesome view of our ship and the island.
Look at all these cute colorful kiddos!
During our ride, the rain started falling and it was cooold! They gave us ponchos when we got back, so that we could walk around the town a little. We lasted about 10 minutes, then called it a day. They sure did look cute though!
We took the ferry back to the ship, and I snapped a pic of this lovely seagull overlooking Catalina (Avalon) from the deck.
Once again, when the anchor went up, the boat started rocking again, so it wasn't my favorite time. We did manage to get a family picture, though, before I left the dining room before the food had even arrived.
Every one else, on the other hand, had a great time. This was formal night, so the girls dressed up and enjoyed ordering whatever they wanted in the fancy dining room! Jake ordered es cargo (snails) swimming in butter, and Cami got to taste some and I don't think she liked it. Cute fancy Mae!
Lex and her sparkly dress, lovin the fancy life.
Jake took these pictures. They told me later that I missed out on the fun music and dancing by all the wait staff, and how they got to wave their napkins in the air and dance to "Ceeeeellllabrate good times, come on!"
Our cute waitress, dancing with Lex.
I ended up getting some room service, getting in my jammies and watching TV for awhile. Then I got up the energy to go out (yep, in my cozy clothes) and meet the fam in the entertainment lounge and then a piano lounge. I love this cute girl picture!
The piano lounge was fun. I just lounged in a comfy chair with the others around me, and we (mostly the kids) put in numerous requests for the pianist to sing and play. He was really good.Yay for humidity- it brings Lexi's curly ringlets out! She looked so cute and teensy on the stool between Grandma and Grandpa. The kids lasted till about 10:30!
Then we finally headed to bed, excited for our day in Ensenada, Mexico!

1 comment:
That all looks so fun (except for the sickness part!) and all those girl cousins together are so sweet! Everyone looks great in their fancy clothes!
Post a Comment