Monday, March 28, 2016

CA Trip- Seal Beach, Tide Pools

 Ahhhh...dry land! Although we were sad the cruise was over, (especially the kids), we still had lots to look forward to! While near the beach after we left the port at Long Beach, we decided to visit Seal Beach.
 The girls really wanted to swim and play in the sand, so we got their swimsuits out, changed, and spent the afternoon in the warm 75 degree sunshine!


 Ike and Jana's family decided to join us, and it was fun to have company! Clara said, "Look, I'm making a sand diaper!" haha.
 Look at Lexi's little ringlet!

 Max and Cami loved the waves...they played and played!
 Cami was so excited when she found a brown thing with sharp teeth on it, and we thought it looked like a set of shark teeth. You never know- they have a lot of layers of teeth! But then Jake burst our bubble by saying it was a young palm frond. She cried, and I told her we would keep believing it is shark teeth. :) We still have it sitting on the ledge in front of our house. Lexi felt the need to use her umbrella to block the sun. Cute Lex. They were both very sandy and sticky and cranky as we got back in the car.
 I just can't get enough of wide open sky and ocean views. Ahhhh. So heavenly.
We continued to drive down the coast a ways, towards Brittney's house, and we stopped at some tide pools. I don't remember the name, but it was a beautiful spot with a great lookout point at the top.

 It was quite a hike to get down to the beach, but it was worth it. We got there at low tide, and although we didn't find all that much, we did see lots of teeny crabs and tons of sea urchins.

 And finally, we got to Britt's house in the early evening. It was so good to be back! I was really looking forward to 3 more days with my sister, and her lovely house. The sunset from the backyard was gorgeous that night!
 And the kids got in the hot tub that night and had fun swimming around.
Yay for Disneyland in the morning!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful ocean and sunset pictures! And I forgot to say I loved Lexi's beach yoga pose- cutie!