I know, it was so dang looong ago! But I still gotta blog about it. :) So here's Jake and I on Independence Day, enjoying a yummy picnic at my Grandma Willes's house in Orem.

We had a fun time, and my dear Mom, Linda, was in town for a few weeks. It was so fun to have her here, and I'm ready for my mom and dad to move out here and leave good ol Pennsylvania. Although we love PA, it really is a good place. But honestly, when the whole family is out here, what's the point? My parents are going to retire in 10 years and move to the Toone Dairy Farm in Idaho and become country folk. I think that'd be neat, anyways. :)

Here's Britt and David and Mama and Matty around the BBQ. And as you can see below, Matty's not a fan of grass. At least he wasn't 2 months ago. But it was just funny to see his look of distress as he tried to keep his knees and feet off the grass.





And I just had to show off my accomplishments for work. That first picture is Jake settin off some fireworks for a party we had the night before. We did em in our back parking lot at about 8:00, so it was still light out, but that didn' t stop the barrel o' fun we had! :) And I was quite the little baker a few times...that first one is the flag cake I made at work for the residents. Then we had a bake sale, and we made those "corn on the cob cupcakes" to sell, decorated with love by the residents of course. (those are yellow Jelly Bellies and a melted Starburst on the top). And I made these little dirt cupcakes with Oreos and worms to sell as well. Cute, huh? Anyways, any time there's a holiday it heightens my stress because of activities at work, so it was nice to be done with the 4th and enjoy the rest of the month!
3 comments:
Wow, are your parents really going to retire to the farm in 10 years? How sad for me, then you won't come out here anymore... I'll just have to go out and see you then =) I love your yummy looking cakes, aren't you just all domestic now =)
Yay, it's good to have you back. =) Cute pics!
HeyHeath, I didn't even know you were back on the blog...yay for the Internet! And what makes you think we're moving to the farm??? Maybe somewhere along the Wasatch front....but don't alarm the relatives with statements like that! =) I kind of like Heber or Midway...
Post a Comment