I'm 8 months pregnant, wahoo wahoo! Well, almost. In like a week I will be. But I'm doing well and feeling good, which is an amazing blessing! Little Cambria (is it weird to call her by her name before she's been born and we've actually bestowed her with that name??) is moving around a lot, and the doctor said this past week that he thinks her head is down now. For the longest time, I was carrying really high and she was all up in my ribs all the time which wasn't very comfy. But this past week, I went to work and one of my cute resident ladies said "You're dropping!" I don't really know the lingo, but I guess the baby is getting lower as the time gets closer to labor. And some other ladies said that too, that I've gotten lower, which hopefully is a good thing. She rolls around like crazy, and jabs and pokes random body parts out my belly and it's so weird to feel and watch. But totally fun. I think I'll actually miss having this little person inside me. Honestly, I think being pregnant is awesome. I've grown to love my little (well, not so little) maternity clothes, and getting the questions from people every minute of every day (How are you feeling, how much longer, when are you due, what's her name again? And I hear them even more often, since I work with dear little people with Alzheimers who forget that they asked me the same question 30 seconds earlier. haha)
Of course there are things that I will NOT miss, like the extreme discomfort of having a foot jammed up into my ribcage. Or the sciatic nerve pain that was around for awhile there, which I could only describe as butt pain...but it got so bad one week that I had to limp around and whince and whimper every time I bent over or walked or anything. That's when I had Jake put my socks on for me every morning. But luckily the butt pain went away, but the back pain replaced it. If I'm sitting in the same position for very long, my back up by my ribs just starts aching so bad, it's painful! Sitting through a movie is hard to stand now, and even sitting in church through all 3 meetings was quite painful last week. Luckily with my job, I'm usually up and running activities...knocking on doors on all 3 floors, fetching horse shoes, cooking treats, doing crafts, setting up tables and chairs and greeting entertainers, shopping for supplies, hanging flyers, reminding how to play dominoes over their shoulder, going on trips out to lunch or to the Draper Temple open house, ETC. It's a lot of work for a woman with child! But I don't think it's surpassing any limitations of activity that would be really harmful to me or the baby. Hope not. The residents tell me all the time not to overwork myself, or move tables, or push wheelchairs...they're good little grandparents like that. I just feel SO lucky that I've never had to miss a day of work through this whole pregnancy. Only had 2 days where I went in late, but other than that, it's been pretty smooth sailing.
Oh yeah, some other things I won't miss when little baby comes out and I get my former body back (maybe, hopefully) is the tossing and turning and forced side-sleeping at nights, or frequent pee trips in the middle of the night. Granted, it'll be a WHOLE new ball game with a newborn crying/nursing baby on board. But I'm just talking about pregnancy here. I'm also excited to eat a big fat juicy hot dog at J-Dawg's in Provo, or a refreshing veggie and deli meat packed Subway sandwich again. (I'm trying to avoid listeria or whatever that bacterial infection is) And hopefully I won't be anemic anymore once I have the baby, which will cut down the 2 iron pills a day that I've been struggling to remember, and eventually I'll be able to quit poppin the prenatal horse pills that have been getting caught in my throat for the last ohh almost year. I can't believe that I've been pregnant the whole time we've lived in our house, ever since we bought it back in July. That seems like quite a long time. Poor Jake....he's put up with so many hormonal imbalances with my pregnant self in the past 8 months. He's a trooper, and will be a fantastic little daddy.
I wish I were a crafty, creative super domesticated woman who actually knew how to put a baby nursery together. But alas, I am not. So the baby room still remains un-finished. But it's getting there! Jake took a couple days and painted the ceiling and baseboards, and then surprised me with the color of the walls which was a risky move! I'm a very indecisive person, so I couldn't figure out which shade of "sagey green" the room should be, so he just went on his day off of work (when I had to work) and picked out a color he thought matched my liking the best, and it was done when I got home that day. Good job, hun. Now it's a matter of pulling the color scheme together and actually making it look cute and girly. :) Any suggestions??
Anyways, we're getting way excited to meet our little girl soon!!!
6 comments:
So fun to find a new entry on your blog- I love reading it! I'm so happy you've had a good pregnancy and feel well. Love your cute tummy! And I'm glad Jake and all those sweet residents are taking good care of you. Enjoy the peace and quiet for a few more weeks, and then get ready for lots of noise and joy and love! =)
I can hardly wait to meet her! I am so excited for you!
It was fun to see you guys tonight! Thanks for coming all of the way out here :)
I loved this post! You captured the joy/pain of pregnancy so well. :) I'm so excited that this is your last month! Than the joy/pain really begins!! Mostly joy, of course... :)
I am so happy for you and your baby girl! Girls are the best and you can always find the cutest girly clothes. I love the pics of you and your sister preggy together. Kelli and I will have to do the same when she moves to Pa.
Man you are so gorgous Heather!!! We always had our boys named well before they were born so I don't think that's weird at all, or if it is then I'm weird along with you =)
She looks like she has dropped! I'm so excited for you! You look great. You are just all belly.
Post a Comment