Thursday, April 23, 2009

First Smile!

Yay, we have proof! This isn't really her first smile, but it's the first picture that captures a cute little smile. We started seeing the corners of her mouth turn up a couple weeks ago, but with much prompting and high pitched voices. :) I like to think she'll be a carefree, happy girl and will start smiling on her own. I'm so excited for the day when I walk into the room and she smiles at the sight of me, and when her daddy gets home from work and she gives him a big smile when he picks her up. Such precious moments to look forward to! But don't worry, I'm enjoying every moment in the meantime, and the many faces that she makes!
This is her stretching face. She looooves to stretch, accompanied by many grunts and squeaks, and usually some bubbly toots. :)
She's saying, "Really, Mom...can't you be any more entertaining?"
Goofy face.
haha...say whaaat?
This is her intense, attentive face.
Happy, wide awake girl!
what's goin on? I don't know about this, Mom...

Scuse me, I have a question!
Goooood night. This is my sugar plums and fairies face when I'm off in dreamland...my eyes start to flit around and my mouth turns up into bigger smiles than I'll do while I'm awake! I've got some pretty happy dreams. :)

6 comments:

Linda said...

Wow- she's really changing! I hardly recognized that first picture- her eyes are getting so big, and I love her smiling little mouth! All the cute pictures made me chuckle- she's so expressive! Keep the pictures coming- makes my day! =)

Jen said...

she is SO SO cute. I can't wait until I can finally see her in person. I hate living so far away. I miss out on everything!! she is such a doll.

ckw said...

Hello! Congratulations on your sweet little on! She's gorgeous! I love all the faces you captured.

Enjoy all of these wonderful new moments, and try to get some sleep too- easier said than done sometimes.

Take care! Check out our blog too!

Sommer said...

the second to last picture cracked me up, what a funny lady!

Brittney said...

Those are some great pics. :) I'm excited to see you guys Sunday and have our little girls chill together. Hopefully Ashlyn will be out from under the lights by then!

Kelli said...

Heather, your baby girl is soo precious! She is beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys! I have about a month to go and I'm kinda getting to the...can I do this stage...we'll see right!? Any advice for this last month of waiting?? =)