Saturday, May 9, 2009

Out to Breakfast

I like free stuff.

It's the best. Especially when you don't have to do much to get it. Take this morning for example: Since Jake's 28th Birthday is next Wednesday (woohoo!), I decided to sign up for a bunch of restaurant "E-clubs" to see how many fun birthday offers I could get for him. (Don't worry, I used my junk email account that I don't care about since they send you a bunch of promos after that.) And I'd say it was worth it...there's offers from Coldstone & Baskin Robbins for a free ice cream cone, Famous Dave's- free entree, Red Robin- free gourmet burger, Archibald's- free entree, Schlotzky's- free sub, & free pie slice & 5 bucks off an entree at Marie Callendars. These are the ones I signed up for, and they're all without having to purchase something else, except for the restaurant ones if you don't want to go alone. :) I don't know if Jake will enjoy them all, but it's fun to see how many you can use in the week or month of your birthday. It's like a game to see how much free stuff you can take advantage of!

So anyways, I thought I'd check out Mimi's Cafe website to see what they offered, and it said you get a FREE breakfast entree just for signing up for their E-Club! How could I resist?? So that is what I did...signed both Jake and I up and earned us a free breakfast on this beautiful Saturday morning. And let me tell you, it was deeeelicious!

The coupon says the entree has to be under $9.99, which is no problem because the only thing that rules out is the steak and eggs. Who eats steak for breakfast anyways? So Jake had the blueberry and cream stuffed french toast with eggs, sausage, bacon & juice, and I enjoyed the tuscan vegetable omelet with home cooked potatoes, honey oat muffin and juice. All we had to pay was a tip for our lovely meal. Now I wonder what we'll eat for lunch....

Free samples at Costco, perhaps? haha, just kidding. Kind of.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I love your last line. :) Classic. I'm glad you're getting so much good stuff! I'll have to remember to do the same when one of our birthdays rolls around!