Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Human Pickle Pictures

What will YOU do for MONEY?
Jake will dress up as a pickle. That's right. And not for a kiddie party or something....he wore a Nalley's pickle suit for 2 hours at a HARLEY event. And maybe what's more crazy than that is that I volunteered to be his guide! What a good wife I am. :) We're lucky to have a brother in law who works for radio stations that request such things. When we got there, we went around the side of the building to get his suit on, but it was quite a difficult task! We both got a good laugh out of it...especially when I took this picture and he couldn't get his head to stay up.



Yup, even the fire and police department made an appearance for all the Harley dudes, cuz they had to shut the street down to let all the riders depart on their trip to Wendover. It was all to raise money for disabled kids to go to summer camp. Alas, we pickled for a good cause.

As crazy and bad-A as some people look, they were all surprisingly delightful! Everyone smiled and waved at Mr. Pickle, and some even RAN to get their picture taken with him.



This is truly something you don't see everyday. So thankful I could be a part of it.

8 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

That is perhaps the strangest, insanely funny things I have ever seen!

Jake - Do you have access to the pickle suit? I'd LOVE to borrow it for HAlloween.

Art and Evelyn said...

Jake told me you guys had a blog. Hope you don't mind that I'm stalking it! Those pictures absolutely crack me up!

Esther said...

I think he kinda looks like a tentacle of a squid instead of a pickle!

Brittney said...

That really is the ugliest pickle costume imaginable!!

Jolene said...

Heather, I seriously laughed out loud at the picture of him not being able to lift his head up! Honestly, so dang funny. I needed a good laugh, so tell Jake I said thanks! Hes such a trooper!

Jolene said...

Oh, and P.S. you look GREAT for just having a baby! *high five*

Ashley said...

You sure lead a VERY interesting life. Loved the pickle suit!

The Gibbons said...

Nice! That is one funny pickle! I loved all your pictures of Cambria in the previous post as well. We're coming into town this week and are hoping to make it to Grandma's when you are all there on Sun. Hopefully we'll get to see you and have these new baby girls all meet! :)