Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Fun

I love this picture! (But I know you don't, Mom- sorry!) It was the exact moment when Cambria laughed for the first time. I had JUST taken a picture of her face, and then went behind her because she looked like a cute little perched frog. My mom was making funny noises for Cam, and all of a sudden we heard this ADORABLE, high tinkling belly laugh. We both reacted the same way, in complete delight. My mom said Cambria's shoulders even shook as she giggled. I haven't gotten her to laugh quite the same since then...but she has made cute chuckles from blowing raspberries on her tummy or just being silly. I forgot that with babies, you kind of have to let go and forget about what you look or sound like and just get lost in trying to make them happy. For me, since I'm not the most animated person as you may know, this requires some effort sometimes. :)

So anyways, we've had some good summer fun! I love being able to take her with me anywhere and introduce her to new things and places and people. Here's some (well, a lot of) pictures of some of our adventures:
We visited the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point, and as we were going through the different dinosaur era exhibits, there was this one called the Utah Cambrian Era, and I just had to get a picture of Cambria in front of her name. :)
We had Grandma and Grandpa Yospe over for a Chinese dinner after my mom spent the day with me in the kitchen making homemade egg rolls, which have always been my favorite!
Spending the day at Brittney's with Bryan and Matty, who love to get close and make Cam smile. She also wore her swimsuit there for the first time, even though she didn't swim.
This was at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens, which I had never been to before, and they're beautiful! We went with my cousin Diane and her family, and had a picnic and walked around looking at the gorgeous flowers and plants. Then we ended up at the kids water area where they have this huge Noah's Ark that spouts water and has a little pool and fountains. Cam didn't want to sit in her chair while all the other kids cooled off, so I let her enjoy the water too.


I remember when Cambria was born and for the first month or so after, I couldn't imagine having her not in snuggly clothes with socks, a hat, and wrapped in a blanket. I was worried she would freeze. Now it's so nice to let her be carefree and play just in her diaper sometimes, and plus she looks just so darn cute!
My Grandma Willes had a family barbeque, which was fun. And Bree brought her new little puppy, Sadie, who got introduced to Cambria even if neither knows what's going on. I want Cam to be comfortable around doggies since we're going to get one of our own someday. We just have to talk Jake into it, which should be a piece of cake. :)Four Generation picture with my mom and her mom. She's such an amazing lady, with tons of life and energy packed in that tiny body! When Cambria turned out so small, we said Oh she must take after Grandma Willes! (Although now Cambria's tall...so I don't know if she'll take after Tiny Grandma after all) But I would love her to, she's an incredible person!
Cam was decked out in her sleeper and hat when we went to the outdoor theater, the Scera Shell, to see "West Side Story". She enjoys going to all these musicals and concerts!
And Jake and I decided to go up Millcreek Canyon and roast hot dogs and marshmallows over a campfire the other night- one of our favorite pasttimes! (That's where he proposed to me, too.) It's such a great place to get away for a couple of hours, and feel like you're camping in the woods and away from the world.

(Cami Lamb likes to suck her thumb sometimes now. It's cute)
Wasn't expecting a picture! Sorry!
Don't worry, I don't really wear my sweatshirt like that.

I love summer!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Scary picture of me- but it was an amazing moment- and beautiful little laugh! She is just so cute and expressive- thanks for the updates- love em!

Sommer said...

What a good little mommy you are! I love the pic of all of you in front of the gardens and Matty picking his nose, so typical of that age, it made me laugh =)

Brittney said...

Ha ha about the sweatshirt. And that is a classic pic of Mom's face. :)

Ashley said...

I just love how big and bright Cambria's eyes are. She is so beautiful!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

I love the picture of her standing in the water, what a doll!