Monday, August 3, 2009

Grandma, Hope You're Happy!

She's growing right up! Here's Cam, styling in her sundress and some shoe socks, which don't stay on for very long, cuz she just pulls on them or sticks them in her mouth. Just thought I'd post a few more randoms from this past little while. Cambria doesn't mind getting her picture taken, and I love to take pictures! So it works out! Can't believe it's August already. It seems like SO much happened in July...we've had a fun summer and we love to watch Cambria grow. She finally has her 4 month appointment tomorrow.... I'm anxious to find out how much she weighs now, cuz I have no idea. I've thought about sticking her in one of those fruit weighing scales at the grocery store, but I'd probably get some stink eyes. Speaking of stink eyes...
She's doing well, though. She's rolling a lot, making her voice heard, and grabbing at things now. When someone's holding her, she loves to grab their face now...especially her daddy's prickly chin. Her new thing is pulling HER hair...it used to be just mine but now she'll grab the big tuft on the top or her nicely crafted curl and pull. I'm afraid she's gonna pull it out like I did when I was a lil girl. Hope not, though, I love her pretty hair. She's really good at holding her head up, but she's not quite ready for supported sitting yet, since she's so skinny and gangly. I've tried out her Bumbo chair a few times anyways, and just couldn't help but take a picture of how teensy she looks in it, like her little doll.


Cute face. With drool. She's drooling like crazy these days, because I THINK she's teething. I'll ask the doc tomorrow, but she's been extra fussy and seems to have an "in pain" cry sometimes. Poor thing. I just put some Orajel on her gums today and I tried to imagine a little tooth appearing in her mouth but it seemed so weird to me. Still so little!
It don't matter if you're black or white.
But it DOES matter if you're wearing a little sailor suit that might make you feel a little dorky with a hat that you hate. :) It was a cute outfit for the 4th of July Sunday, though!
Rolling in her book on the floor. I never catch her before she rolls off the blanket, and yesterday I just had the thought that maybe I should cover the floor in blankets. But then I remembered that she'll be crawling in a little bit, and then she'll know NO bounds! She'll be crawling on the dirty floor, ewww. I'll need to stop being a germaphobe.
Oh no, Mom! What are you going to do when I eat my first bug off the floor?
Yeah, that is kind of a gross thought.
Have I mentioned that she's super limber? Silly girl can pretty much do the pretzel. She bends and does a mini baby bridge, and in her swing it's cute cuz she's trying to see the flying lambies, but then it's not so cute when her neck gets stuck that way. (Happened a time or two)
And she loves to eat her feet. She finds her big toe and sucks on it like a thumb, which is pretty gross for anyone else but an adorable baby. :)
Who can resist me, even if I do suck my toe and let out big toots when my mom is about to put lotion on my bum after a bath.
Anyways, she's sleeping ok these days, but started waking up twice in the night again to eat. But that's ok...she's still in our room in the bassinet, although she's outgrowing it fast! I love sleeping pictures....she looks so peaceful.
P.S. I don't swaddle her anymore. It's too warm for that these days! She seems to do just fine in just her jammies.

Don't you just want to kiss that little face??
Go ahead, kiss my bum too.
Why not?
Big, bright eyes. (Which aren't blue anymore...now they're more like hazel/brown, like her daddy)
Yup, I look like my dad. No one ever tells me I look like my mom. But that's ok with me! :)

8 comments:

Art and Evelyn said...

I so dare you to put her on a fruit scale! haha! I love it! She is precious and I love getting to hold her on Sundays!

Linda said...

Yes, this Grandma is very happy to see so many adorable pictures! And yes, I do want to kiss that little sleeping face. So sweet. Call us after the big weigh-in tomorrow!

Charis said...

way too cute! we need to get together sometime and play, i still haven't met your cute daughter. and she is sooo big.

Brittney said...

I love it all your funny comments. :) And of course I love those darling pics! So stinkin' cute!

Kelli said...

She is sooo stinkin cute Heather!! It's crazy seeing what Kylee could be doing in two months...like sitting up and rolling over! Oh my, I'm not sure I'm ready for that! Plus, I'm soo germ crazy too. We have the same little lamb swing and Ky loves it too!

Ashley said...

I know I always say this, but she is seriously the best dressed little gal! I love her!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Oh my GOSH you guys! She is so stinkin CUTE! Jakie sends her a kiss via blogging :)

Sommer said...

She really is adorable. I don't think she could be any cuter!