Pioneer Day was a full day of fun on July 24! We started celebrating a couple days early by going to the Rodeo with Jake's parents. We almost wore our cowboy hats but decided we'd do without this year. Although, I'm picturing a little cowgirl hat on Cambria's head in this photo and think it would be so adorable! Do they make such things?
Grandpa and Grandma Yospe were a good time, but at the moment I think Cam was glued to the little monkey named Whiplash riding on a sheep dog herding sheep. Quite entertaining. I always enjoy a good rodeo, especially the barrel racing and of course the bull riding at the end! No one really got hurt, but a couple of clowns got rammed into the rails pretty good!
This is a lovely picture of the ice cream dessert I made for the barbeque at Grandma and Grandpa Yospe's on Pioneer Day. I made it at midnight the night before, so luckily it was easy but super delicious! Thanks, Aunt Marilyn, for the recipe.
We got up and went to the Days of '47 Parade that morning downtown with some of the fam. It was a nice parade, but unfortunately a super hot day and very sunny. I was trying to keep Cambria in the shade, as well as myself since I was sweating profusely, so here I am rubbing elbows with some strangers and my sister in law Kate's parents.
Wahoo for marching bands! Uh oh, I think Cambria sees a future in it. That'd be...fine. :)
Cambria came face to face with Sadie that night! I love this picture. We went to Bree's apartment before going to the Colin Raye concert at the Scera Shell in Orem. And before that, I went to my little job at the Beehive Home assisted living center and made butter in a jar and biscuits with the residents. It was fun! Try it...just pour some heavy whipping cream in a jar and shake away...good exercise and fresh butter after about 20 minutes. Anyways, you'd think I would have taken a picture of Colin or of Bree, Britt and Cassity at the concert with me (Girl's Night Out while Jake had to work the Real Salt Lake game). But no, I did not. It was a lot of fun though...we had VIP passes, so we got a nice dinner beforehand and got a chance to meet Restless Heart and Colin Raye, although I did not. (Cam got hungry) And the music was awesome! It was fun to sing along to familiar songs, and they were very entertaining. People were setting off fireworks all around the park, too.
while sucking her thumb. Pretty cute. All in all it was a long but entertaining day!


3 comments:
Love to read your posts- and see all the cute pictures! Keep them coming!
We got a real Amish boy hat for Bennett in Lancaster. Check online, I know that they have cowboy hats for kids. She would look adorable in one!
Your dessert makes me hungry!
Wow that was a busy day!!! I'm so jealous, i would love to see Colin Raye in concert. He came to BYU-I while I was there and for some dumb reason I did not go but all my roomies did, I still regret it to this day, I hear he's really entertaining and I love all his songs. Cambria is just darling as always, she reminds me of a little pixie! Can't wait to see you when you come to Pa, give me a call and I'll come up and maybe we can do lunch or something fun! Love ya girl!
Post a Comment