Monday, September 28, 2009

The Mother Load

The past month has flown by, and I can't believe summer's over! I hardly ever write about our normal everyday life, so for journaling purposes I'm just gonna give a rundown. Jake has been working SO hard ever since Cam was born. He's still at KJZZ, working with the sales and promotions department, which has moved to the arena downtown, and he's among one of the few who survived all the recent layoff's. So we definitely count our blessings. KJZZ televises a highschool football game every Friday night, so Jake works those and sets everything up with the school's athletic director that week. He pretty much does it all these days- they keep him very busy! He has some side jobs, since he just likes to work and make extra money, including working the Real Salt Lake soccer games and some U of U football games up in the jumbo-tron booth. I can't imagine working the long hours that he does and then coming home in a good mood, but he does it! And on top of that, he goes to scouts on Wednesday nights and teaches the deacons every Sunday and is such a great daddy to Cambria. I enjoy the time we do get to spend together in the evenings going on walks or watching a movie, and on Saturdays and Sundays when we get to relax, go to church, and enjoy family dinners.

I'm still doin my little job in the mornings and taking Cambria with me to the assisted living center. She enjoys the car rides, and loves the attention she gets from everyone there, and plays in the pack n' play that a lady brought for her to use. I'm also the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency, which has been such a good experience. I love going to primary every Sunday! And I got to write our primary program this year, which is in November, so I'm excited to see it all come together. But more than anything, I'm enjoying being a mom!

We've had good times with little Cam Cam (as Jake calls her), and she's growing up so fast! She's already sitting pretty...on the couch. And on the grass.
She does NOT enjoy wearing sunglasses. I've tried them on a couple times but she pulls them off immediately. Sure enjoy the pictures though.

We enjoyed the UT state fair this year, eating pronto pup corn dogs and deep fried Snickers. Mmm fried fooooood. We saw an alligator show and bear show, appreciated the usual butter sculpture of cows, all the smelly animals, and I got my ring cleaned by the Touch of Purple- one of my highlights every year. Here's me and Cam under the pretty rainbow...
These pictures have no rhyme or reason, so don't mind the randomness. They are in order of most recent to older. This was just a cute one of her in a jean jumper, doing something funny with her fingers.
Me and Cami Lamb
This is her morning face. I couldn't miss out on getting a picture of it. She wakes up with squinty eyes and I think it's adorable.
And here, I found her using her lamb stuffed animal (which I named Twinkle Toes) as a pillow! Pretty smart girl.
Grandma Willes is so cute with her. We were at a dinner before seeing a concert at the Scera, and Cam was a little fussy so Grandma asked to hold her. She immediately captivated Cambria and kept her happy the rest of the time. This is a precious pic
Lookin lovingly at her lammie in the Bumbo...
A face with pudge...yay!!
She's big enough to ride in her stroller without her carseat! Although I usually still have her sit in her car seat because then I can see her and talk to her since she's facing me. It's probably selfish of me because I just don't want to let her grow up! She'd probably much rather sit facing out and able to see everything.
She decided to cuddle up to my feet one day as we were sitting on the floor. It was quite cute!
Playing on Ari's safari jumper thing at Aunt Brittney's...she loves that thing!
My mom got this adorable dress at a garage sale in PA. She's the garage sale queen of baby stuff, I swear.
This was a girl's night out with my mother and sister-in-laws (missing Cathi), after shopping at the outlets in Park City and dinner at Mimi's Cafe. The boys went golfing in Heber, so we had to do something fun!
Totally random picture of complete baby goodness.
This was a fun day at the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point with Jana and her boys. I couldn't resist posing with Jaws and my little baby girl. Touching, huh.
Cute little black and white polka dots
Yes, she can indeed sleep in this position...
Cam "reading" her picture book.
Me and her lounging on the grass at the gardens...
And Bree and I putting on a mini concert in Jake's parents' backyard. They have the coolest backyard, by the way...there's a covered patio and fruit trees and grapvines all over the place. Anyways, Jake requested a concert so Bree came with me to Sunday dinner with her guitar, Riley, in tow. We sang some of our old favorites that she's written, and it was so fun to sing together again! We should write some new songs. Actually, her next goal is to write a song for my little brother Nathan and his fiancee, Allison, who are getting married in December! Yay!
Grandma Yospe listening to the music with my father-in-law and little nephews Calder and Luke.

Anyways, it's been a good summer. Now bring on the fall!

3 comments:

Sommer said...

You need to post more often because you ahve so many cute fun pictures and things I want to comment on and then by the time I get to the bottom I can't remember all the tings I had planned to say! It sounds like you are a very supportive wife to Jake and his long hours, I think that wonderful, and I think it's wonderful that he works hard to support you and Cambria, and that he is still ina good mood when he gets home. He sure sounds like a gret guy. As for little Cambria.... she is simply gorgeous! I can't get over her beautiful eyes! I love the picture of her snuggling up to your feet. She sounds like she has such a fun personality. Your life sounds like so much fun, I love how active you are! I sure love you, and please, please, please promise me that you will call me when you get into PA so we can get together one day.

Linda said...

I was so excited to click on Yospe in my bar thingy and find a brand new post! Yay!! Cambria is really getting some meat on those little formerly string bean arms and legs! So cute! I can hardly wait to see her- and it's coming fast! Better get over my cold huh? Sure love you all!

Brittney said...

What a fun post! So newsy. And I love the pics of Cam! She always makes me smile. :)