Sunday, December 13, 2009

Winter Festivities & Cam Videos!

Tis the season to be JOLLY, Fa la la la laaaaa la la la la!

I sure do love this time of year. Even if it is 5 degrees outside, snowy, hectic and trafficky. Tis the Christmas season, and there's no time better. It's been so fun enjoying it with Jake and Cambria so far this year, and we've still got a few weeks to go! I'm playing catch up with the blogging, since there's so many other projects, errands, shopping and things to do these days. But December has been delightful so far. I had a nice birthday, which I'll post pictures of momentarily, and we visited the Festival of Trees which has become a tradition. Cam enjoyed it too, but not as much as us because she didn't get to eat a sugary cinnamony hot SCONE! Mmmmm my favorite part.
We all tromped down the street to an Elders Quorum Ugly Sweater and Wassail Party the other week. Little did Jake and I know that it was intended for JUST the elders quorum and not wives. :) They welcomed me in anyways and I didn't find out till a half hour later when another wife showed up, and then the other guys called their wives and told them to come after all. Haha. Little mix-up.
And our Cami Lamb continues to be her cute little spunky self. She will be 9 months in 2 days and I CAN'T believe it! It just keeps getting more fun though, and she keeps us laughing with her silly antics. She has two teeth on the bottom and about 3 teeth on top...they're all seeming to come in at once, which makes for a runny nose and some constant rosy cheeks. She likes almost all the baby food we give her these days (not a huge fan of the mac and cheese or veggie pasta jars), and she's sleeping through the night these days from about 8 pm to 7 am...yaaaayy! She's a good napper, too....today she napped for 3 and a half hours after church and Jake finally woke her up so she'd come and play.
She's scooting/army crawling all over the place, getting into more things like our DVD's, stockings, Christmas tree, blinds, vents, etc. She's a good little stander and supports herself on things, but doesn't quite take steps yet. She can clap her little hands on demand, and when I say "How big is Cami", she'll raise her arms above her head and I say "soooo big!". My mom taught me that and it's so cute! She loves to click her tongue, moreso then say words, so we joke that she's just an Aborigine. Still hasn't said Mama...she says lotsa Da da's, but she only is on the record for saying Mama for one day about a month ago, while we were at church. Oh well, it'll come. She's just a little ball of smiles and drools. :)
Her wall is a mirrored closet, so we have lots of fun watching her interact with her friend in the mirror! She loves to touch it, look at her hands against each other, and laugh at herself. Is it bad that I sit her in front of the mirror sometimes just so she can have someone to "play" with while I'm doing stuff?
All bundled up and ready to go to work with me. Which, by the way...I'm done with! My last day at the Beehive Home was Friday. It was a good 6 months working with those sweet residents. They loved Cambria, and are maybe a little "younger" from seeing her everyday. It was good for Cam to have that interaction and going out every morning for a few hours. Now we're going to mostly be home...getting a good morning nap in for her, and it'll be nice to not have to be out the door every morning by 9:30. I'll have to find new reasons to get up and going!
I love this picture. Cute little wintry girl.
She made it up the step from the living room to the entryway! She doesn't do it often, but now she knows she can.
Here's some videos of her latest little accomplishments and interactions. This first one is her clapping. yaaayyyyy Cami!


Making it over the step for the first time...

In this one she doesn't do much of anything, but it's cuz she's in her sleeper thing and can't get anywhere in it. Still makes a cute little video though....it has a Christmas lamb in it. Watch if you wish and enjoy! More to come.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

She's so dang cute! I'm always happy to see her and see what she's going to do next. Maybe Ari will learn a few things from her one of these days and not just sit like a bump on a log... :)