I can't imagine LIFE without this little ladybug! She is never ending FUN and laughs and surprises. She is my best little friend (and Jake's my best big friend). I feel so blessed to be able to spend every day with her and be her mama and watch her grow and learn new things and get so BIG! Too fast! A couple of firsts this week:~I was changing her diaper yesterday, and before I got the new one on, she tooted loudly. She broke into a big smile and laughed, which made me laugh while I was trying to fake being offended, and then she made a tooting sound with her mouth. Jake said she did that with him, too. How could you not love that sense of humor? Even if it's not very ladylike. That's my girl!
~She learned how to drink out of a straw today, when I offered her some of my smoothie. I sqeezed some to the top, and as soon as her little tongue tasted that berry goodness, she started sucking like she'd been doing it forever. I didn't even know she could swallow that fast!
~She got her first balloon at Harmon's today, which she's not a fan of. It scares her, and she flinches and closes her eyes when it's near her face. I thought she would love balloons, but maybe it'll take a few more months to warm up to them.
Cam loves to stand and hold onto anything, loves clapping and playing Patty Cake, and her new favorite song is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. I think she's about 16.5 pounds now, so still small but growing! She loves to eat anything that we're eating, so that makes it kind of nice now to feed her some of the same food as us. She loves raisins now, too. She really is such a loving, tender girl, but her new little habit is biting my shoulder when I hold her close to snuggle. I'll take her out of her crib and give her a big hug, and she'll excitedly cling to me and pat my back, and then nuzzle her face into my shoulder and try to bite it. Little stinker. She bit Jake's finger so hard the other day, he almost cried. haha. He was feeding her, so I'm sure she didn't mean any harm. She's just feisty, happy, funny, crazy, precocious, curious and loveable.
Here she is, getting a kick out of her picture book. Even upside down!
And she's at it again....taking as many DVD's off the shelf as she can before I come whisk her away. I just don't want to move them to another spot, so I guess that's what we get. We also have a houseplant right next to that shelf, that she loves to test the waters with. She'll look at me, swiftly grab a leaf and tear it off, just to see my reaction. The word "No" doesn't seem to have any meaning yet. Poor little plant...it's gonna start looking like we have bug infestations before she does learn to obey!
This picture captures her little personality so well. Laid back, kickin her heels up on the table, playin with her spatula with not a care in the world and a sly smile on her face. Ohhh little Cam Cam.
Haha I had to get a diaper picture, just to show off those little leg rolls and belly!
As part of Jake's job, he works at some highschool championships to help give out awards with sponsors. We've gone with him to a few of them down in Provo, and enjoyed seeing some of the events and doing some other fun things down there. Here's Cami showin off in her high chair at lunch one day...
And we walked around BYU and went to the Museum of Art, which was really cool, as well as the Bean Museum with all the animals and insects. On a totally separate note, Jake started teaching Cami how to say "ho, ho, ho" just this month. Not sure why, since Santa is out of the picture now, but it's so cute when she says it back. Then she evolved it into ho ho ha ha, which I think sounds like a monkey. Here she is doing a "Ha"
Post nap shot, sitting with her best buddy Dada.
Caught in the act of doing a "Ho". I love seeing baby mouths in perfect round little oh's. Nothing cuter!
Wellll.....maybe this is.
Here's some videos if you would like to watch. This first one is of Cami and her identical twin trying to sit down, but not quite sure how. I love her apprehension of falling on her cushy diapered bum just a few inches from the ground.And this is proof that she does NOT say mama yet. The Mmmmm's are just too difficult to comprehend. But she says a great Dada for everything!
And this one makes me laugh because it's her mockery of me saying "No, no." She copies me with the pointer finger out and everything. I feel bad for her though because when I keep saying it, she probably got so confused as to what she was doing wrong. Mixed signals, sorry Cam!
Gotta love that nasty food face at the end. I can totally see the wheels in her head turning in that video. She always opens and closes her fists like that when she's in anticipation of something, usually when she's eating something that she really likes and wants more of. So this is pretty much what we've been up to this past slow, wintry month...taking pictures and videos to entertain ourselves. :) Hope everyone's enjoying February, and next month, Cambria turns the big 1!!
6 comments:
So fun to randomly click on your blog and find a new post! Love all her funny expressions and sweet personality. And her hair is out of control! Cute Cami- sure miss her!
Oh she is just so cute and funny. I love the picture of her feet up on the table. So cute!
She's so dang funny!! It seems like she's been napping most of the last times we've seen you guys, so hopefully we'll get to just have some good hanging out time w/ her when we see you tomorrow. :)
What a cute little girl you have! She sounds like a lot of fun!
Kendell did not like her first balloon, but a few days later she was ready for her second one. So don't wait too long to try again, Kendell loves balloons. maybe if you just play with the balloon a few feet from her and laugh and giggle she will see it is ok. kids are so funny.
Oh my gosh, we HAVE to get our little bugs together soon! You'll be getting an invite to Jacob's bday party in the mail shortly! Can you believe it's really been almost a YEAR?! It makes me wanna cry every time I sit and really think about it. Time flies way way way too fast with these little kiddos.
Post a Comment