Monday, February 22, 2010

Stairs, Smoothies & Sweethearts

February has been a lovely month of Valentines, family time and firsts for little Cam Cam. She's having fun discovering more and more, and keeps us on our toes. Doesn't she look like a little messy faced princess up there? She was at Grandma Yospe's, and the cousins were having fun putting those colored linky things together, and we made a crown for Cambria. Here's Luke fitting a lovely bracelet to her wrist; what a good big cousin.
Some of the things that Cam loves to do and get into....includes standing at the TV stand, which is a big trunk that Jake's parents gave us when we got married. It's pretty handy, but we hope the TV doesn't topple over on her one of these days! She's started sticking her hand in the VCR slot in the TV, and I can just imagine all the little knick knacks that will fit in there as she gets older.
She sure loved climbing up those darn stairs, but THAT was in the past!
She loves to stand at her changing table and get into the cool things on the shelves, like her box of headbands and flower clips and ribbons that she'll have NOTHing to do with, except for chew on.
She loves my stainless steel water bottle, with the mini carabiner clipped to the top
And she also loves the toiletry basket on her changing table, which I really need to remove before she figures out how to open that shampoo bottle!
And for some of her firsts....here she is with her first balloon, which made her flinch and cringe every time it got close to her face. I guess babies don't realize that it's just a super thin air filled bubble that won't hurt you! And here's her in action as she sips feverishly on her first straw...it was a McDonald's smoothie that was quite tasty.
And here she is in her first swing, looking so miniature! It was a beautiful day, so we went to the "Cowboy Park" as Bryan calls it, near our house, with Brittney and her kids. A little chilly, but Cam still loved being pushed in the swing and couldn't stop giggling
This was the first real playdate for Cam when she was actually able to play and interact with Ari. It was so fun to watch! I was babysitting Ari and they had fun with that same first balloon, which is lasting a looong time! Don't worry, I watched carefully to make sure it wouldn't pop and go in their mouths, but they had fun chasing it around and "sharing".

First time in Jail! ha ha haaaaa. Seeing how Cam loved to climb the stairs so much, Jake got me ths nice gate for Valentines Day so that I could have peace of mind. Cam isn't a fan.
In this picure, it looks like she's telling Ari to try to break in. "Jiggle the gate, see if it will budge!" Sorry sista.
First Valentines Day! I was happy to dress her up in that adorable dress one more time for church.
Cami and Mama...notice she has a hold of my necklace, which is a given when I wear one. It's either my hair or necklace or earrings. You'd think I'd learn and just stop wearing them and chop my hair. But naaahhhh.
Here she is on our way to Grandma's house for Sunday dinner, in her little Valentine outfit from Grandma Toone. Looks like she has a heart on her mouth, too.

Grandma and Grandpa Yospe gave some fun Valentine treats to all the kids. These were Cambria's, and the balloon is quite larger than she is! We still have it floating around, and she likes to bat at it. She's holding a pure chocolate teddy bear sucker...mmmm. She's had a few licks.
Wrestling the monkey balloon at home...
First time in our little umbrella stroller, when Cam and I tagged along to the Aquarium with Ike and Jana's fam on Presidents Day. Cam enjoyed seeing everything, but kept squirming and twisting to get out of the seatbelt. No such luck.
And one more thing she loves to get into...the magnets on the fridge. I guess I should get those classic Alphabet magnets for her to play with! She looks like she has a duck bill in this picture.

And sorry these videos are so dark, but here's a couple little shorts. The first one is her under the kitchen table, trying to climb out from between the chairs. I like seeing her persistance and hearing her little noises.

And here's the action of Cami and Ari playing together with the balloon. Ohhh the simple joys.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Cute! Matt and I enjoyed seeing those videos. I wish I could find the charger for our little camera so I could take little videos! It's good you're catching so many of these "firsts!"

Linda said...

I love all these firsts! So adorable! I think the picture of her little chubby legs standing by the changing table looks just like the one of you standing on the oatmeal box to reach the phone . You'll have to get out your scrapbook and compare them. And I laughed over the one of the little cousins trying to break out of the gate. Too cute! Keep them coming! =)

Charis said...

We have the same gate, I love it. you get so many cute pictures of her, I should do better about getting day to day pictures. I love them, she is growing up so fast, has she gotten any bigger!?! if you are going to get magnets for the fridge I would highly recomend the leap frog alphabet letters and the amimal farm. Kendell knows most of her letters, and I am sure it is because of this toy, I sure haven't spent a lot of time teaching her letters, but she plays with the letters on the fridge, it comes with a little box thing and you put the letters in the box and sings a song for each letter. it is one of the few toys that actually makes noise that I have bought. It can get annoying, but then I just take it out of reach and put it up higher on the freezer so it no longer makes noise. it is great and Kendell loves it. once again it is leap frog fridge magnets.