Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July Jubilation

I was ready for a new post! Those snake pictures creep me out, so every time I scroll down my blog I have to do it fast and avert my eyes. So I'm ready for some cute pictures! First of all, my mama's here and we're having so much fun! She's been hopping around to all of us kid's houses, staying a few days at a time to share the love. We were lucky to have her with us on the morning of all the 4th of July festivities, which took place on Saturday the 3rd. We started out the day with the lovely West Jordan Parade, which we hadn't attended before. It was actually fun! Amongst the politicians and marching bands, there were some really impressive sparkly floats, lots of taffy thrown at us, and I even caught an Otter Pop!

After the parade, we went to Jake's parents house to enjoy a barbeque lunch. I love this picture of Cami and her 2 year old cousin Mae, dancing to the tune of Mae singing "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream!" Adorable.
Cami and 8 year old Lincoln, the oldest of the cousin bunch. They look so much alike I think.
The baby cousins! The three in the middle are Clara, Henry (just 2 weeks old) and Walter. Mae and Cami are the big girls now! Although Cami still is my little baby. :)
We ate lots of food, visited, and Cami got nice and dirty on the ground with sidewalk chalk. Soon we were on our way to my Grandma Willes's house in Orem to celebrate with the other side of the family! It was such a beautiful day- perfect for backyard barbeques. Cami modeled her 2nd 4th of July outfit, and matched little Ari quite nicely! They were so cute on their little pint sized chairs. Cami sat in that chair almost the whole time on the lawn, she loved it so much. Just once did she stand on it.
Ahhh the potato chips are always my favorite part of picnics. My brother, Nathan, was dressed up to go to work at the MTC. I didn't want you to think he dresses like that for all barbeques.
Around 8:30, we all headed down to Provo to sit outside the Stadium of Fire for the annual fireworks show. We sat in the same spot as last year right on University near the Malt Shoppe, on a little grassy hill. Bree brought sparklers and poppers for the little boys (and I) to enjoy while we waited.
It was a little tricky to keep Cami entertained and off the busy road for 2 hours. We laid on blankets, ate treats, and were excited when the show finally started! Although we all kind of wished we were inside the stadium to see Carrie Underwood.
Grandma Willes kept Cami happy in her stroller while we waited.
Here we all are watching the show. Cami was a little scared by the loud booms, so Jake assumed this position with her on his chest, and they looked so cute.
I always have to exclaim the cheesey oooooohh's and aaahhhhhh's for my own enjoyment.
And then on the 4th, we enjoyed a nice day at church and stuck around home. Overall, it was a great holiday and the epitome of summer!

5 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Never noticed that Cami and Lincoln look alike, but they actually do.

Jana Banana said...

Fun pictures...it was such a fun day! I love Cami's outfits, so cute!

Ashley said...

Hey... nice pictures! I like the fireworks one too! I was a little jealous looking at the barbecue. Now I'm hungry!

Charis said...

love the cousin photo

Linda said...

That day seems so long ago....but the beginning of a great vacation! Loved every minute!