...over the hill, around the mill, to see the little lammies! That's the lullaby I just learned from my mom since she's been here. She knows all the best songs to sing. It's been so fun having her here, and we've been doing lots of things that I have lots of pictures of. So in order to catch up, I'lll be posting pictures of our adventures over the past couple weeks. Jake and I just got back from a 10 day trip to Island Park, ID where we stayed in the wonderful memory-filled Yospe cabin. We had a blast, with my family there for a week and then part of his family to finish off our stay. I'm just getting back in the swing of things, but feel totally rejuvenated and grateful for that unforgettable vacation.I love these pics of my mom and Cami. Since Cam doesn't see Grandma Toone more than a couple times a year, she had to warm up to her a little. And sometimes she's just too busy being a rowdy toddler to want hugs and cuddles. :) But when they do happen, it's precious!
I love when Mom comes and stays at our house, because she loves to stay up late and get up early to visit. She also loves to garden, so she goes outside and weeds our yard just for the fun of it. (And hoping that I'll catch the gardening bug. Not likely.) She loves to make goodies and go out and hit the town, but most of all she loves to be a Grandma. She sings fun songs, showers Cam with hugs and kisses, enjoys changing diapers and dressing her in cute outfits (from the many garage sale finds in PA). Cami is one lucky lady to have 2 loving Grandma's who are such an important part of her life.One day, we went to Gardner Village to walk around and so that my Mom could buy some yummy fudge from Sweet Afton's. I love living so close to this cute little village, and I often just take Cami there to look at the animals at the little petting zoo. Walking along with Grandma...
They make everything so pretty and nostalgic feeling. Cami's glowing!
While my mom was down at Brittney's house playing with her other sweet grandkids, I went with Bree, Cassity and Cam to an outdoor concert. The Elders, an Irish band, were playing at the Sandy Amphitheater and I scored some free tickets from my good brother-in-law, Ike. We'd never heard of the band, but you can't pass up an outdoor concert on a beautiful summer night!
Cami loved running around the grassy hill, and kept us on our toes to keep her from rolling down. She sure charmed everyone around us, and would go up to couples lying on their blankets and peer down at them and say "Hiiiii!"
Just a random picture- Cami stealing the Crunch Berries from the pantry and making them her snack.
Silly girl.
One day we went down to Britt's and went swimming at the clubhouse indoor pool. We all had fun, especially Cami when Grandma was tickling her toes- I didn't know she could open her mouth that wide!
She's a little timid when she gets in a pool, but I'm a swimmer and want her to share the same love! I decided to try swimming on my back with her sitting on my stomach, and she actually liked it. Good exercise for me, too!
We went to the Scera Shell that night and watched the musical, Willie Wonka. It was SO good! I don't know why they don't do it in high schools, but the music, costumes, colors and concept were so entertaining. And the oompa loompa's were very cute.
Here's an outfit from Grandma's garage sale finds. Kind of dorky, but super cute! I love Cami in rompers because they make her still seem like my little baby. And she still likes to be super cheesey.
Here's a little video of Cami dancing. Grandma's in the background chanting "Dance, dance, dance dance dance!" That's how I get Cami to dance- who needs music. She actually just twirls, really, but it's still cute. And at the end she says "I Love You" in her own special way that always melts our hearts. She says it so sincerely, and says it multiple times a day whether Jake and I are in the car, eating dinner, playing or whatever. It's adorable.
They make everything so pretty and nostalgic feeling. Cami's glowing!
While my mom was down at Brittney's house playing with her other sweet grandkids, I went with Bree, Cassity and Cam to an outdoor concert. The Elders, an Irish band, were playing at the Sandy Amphitheater and I scored some free tickets from my good brother-in-law, Ike. We'd never heard of the band, but you can't pass up an outdoor concert on a beautiful summer night!
Cami loved running around the grassy hill, and kept us on our toes to keep her from rolling down. She sure charmed everyone around us, and would go up to couples lying on their blankets and peer down at them and say "Hiiiii!"
Just a random picture- Cami stealing the Crunch Berries from the pantry and making them her snack.
Silly girl.
One day we went down to Britt's and went swimming at the clubhouse indoor pool. We all had fun, especially Cami when Grandma was tickling her toes- I didn't know she could open her mouth that wide!
She's a little timid when she gets in a pool, but I'm a swimmer and want her to share the same love! I decided to try swimming on my back with her sitting on my stomach, and she actually liked it. Good exercise for me, too!
We went to the Scera Shell that night and watched the musical, Willie Wonka. It was SO good! I don't know why they don't do it in high schools, but the music, costumes, colors and concept were so entertaining. And the oompa loompa's were very cute.
Here's an outfit from Grandma's garage sale finds. Kind of dorky, but super cute! I love Cami in rompers because they make her still seem like my little baby. And she still likes to be super cheesey.
Here's a little video of Cami dancing. Grandma's in the background chanting "Dance, dance, dance dance dance!" That's how I get Cami to dance- who needs music. She actually just twirls, really, but it's still cute. And at the end she says "I Love You" in her own special way that always melts our hearts. She says it so sincerely, and says it multiple times a day whether Jake and I are in the car, eating dinner, playing or whatever. It's adorable.
5 comments:
Funny. That is the same song that Cathi sang to our boys as babies and her mom sang to her.
I've never heard of that song but it sounds so cute!! Your mom is such a cute little Grandma, I love seeing pictures of her and Cami and my goodness Cami is such a cutie and she is growing up so fast!!!
What a fun post. I love it! And I'm loving all of Cami's cheesy grins! You should change her little profile pic at the top of your blog, ya know... :)
How fun! You have such a fun family! Your mom is the best! Cami is so stinking cute too! Love the post!
I'll probably watch that little video over and over, just like Cami does! Just can't get enough of her! =)
Post a Comment