Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Cami + Mae = Cuteness, & The Rest of Our Vacation

Cami and Mae were special little buddies for the few days that they were at the cabin together. I love this picture of them looking for wildflowers in the woods. Mae is almost exactly one year older than Cambria, and you can tell that she looks up to her older cousin and follows in her footsteps.
They even matched that day, in their pink and brown. Adorable.
Cami was proud to find some little yellow flowers, and had to do what she does with any flowers. Smell them!
Aren't those woods beautiful? This is right next to the cabin, near the firepit. There's a picnic table outside that everyone sits on to eat many of the meals, and there's a horseshoe pit (is that what they're called? horseshoe course...ring....arena. pit it is.) where, I don't mean to braaag, but where I've beat the boys in some matches. They don't like when that happens. It's fun to play there, and Cami loved going for walks and being silly.
We took a little trip to the laundromat, which is about 20 minutes away, to wash sheets and stuff. We ate the free popcorn and entertained ourselves for a while. Here's a progression of Cami's faces....normal (kind of):
Cute smile, with popcorn on her chin:
Super cheese!!
She's so funny. Makes me laugh all the time, that one. Back at the cabin, Mae played with her little princess castle a lot, and Cami lugged around an old doll that has been there for probably 30 years. Pure girl stuff.
Bubble time out on the porch with their new bubble blowers from the leprechaun! There's a cute tradition that Jake used to do when he was a kid, where you find a nice twisty stick in the woods that could be a leprechaun walking stick, set it out on the fireplace mantle at night, and in the morning the leprechaun has left a treat in its place. My parents did it for the boys, and Jake's parents did it for the girls this time. They delighted in their new little presents every day. I love the bubble floating by Cam's head in this picture.
Mama and Cam had fun together.
And she wore her "I Love My Grandma" shirt to show her appreciation for all the nice things Grandma did for her while we were there (and always does).
She and Mae lounged a little bit, and watched her little brother Henry (He's so new, I forgot to mention he was there too!) and cousin Walter. Fun little baby boys.
I thought this was so cute, and almost could pass for a sleeping picture, except for Cam's eyeball escaping out the bottom. :)
We ended our stay with one more Sunday of crowded but lovely church, and another trip to Big Springs. Check out this hottie in the scruff!
Jake and Cam looking at the birds and fish, and Cami needing to get her church wiggles out.
Didn't get them out yet. Not so happy to be held for a family picture. That's ok....still pretty.
Cami loves her Grandma and Grandpa!
And I love this place.

Ahhh our summer vacation was delightful and fully rejuvenating. Now we're ready for another one!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Cute pictures!!! I'm glad you got to be there for so long and do so many fun things. :) Cam's cheesy smile is the best!

Anna said...

Your trip sounds heavenly! What fun and I loved seeing all the pictures, I love it up there. Cam is too cute, love all her smiles :)
PS the dresser is painted that way :)